pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

These things might hit the HK stores at the weekend since RC Mart have an expected release date as mid-March. I would love to get an email from Stella on Sat/Sun inviting me to purchase. :)

Whats stellas price ?.

I placed my order for re-re Optima as well as these magazines. :lol:

rc%252520world.jpg

京商オプティマ = Kyosho Optima

rc%252520magazine.jpg

You can't do the box art completely correctly with the original or most reproduction decals that I've seen. The new ones have some small differences too and like you said it looks like the decals are incorporated with the colors. Best results would be to combine an original or high quality repro with the "missing" decals printed at as high a quality as possible. I have considered screen printing for this (instead of digital) to better match them.

You can't do the box art completely correctly with the original or most reproduction decals that I've seen. The new ones have some small differences too and like you said it looks like the decals are incorporated with the colors. Best results would be to combine an original or high quality repro with the "missing" decals printed at as high a quality as possible. I have considered screen printing for this (instead of digital) to better match them.

Found this just now. Sorry for my previous pictures (might have misled you guys).

No more sponsors, but looks like we got two types of "5" to choose from and one of them is faithful to the original box-art.

Source: Facebook Kyosho Corporation

https://www.facebook.com/KYOSHO-CORPORATION-%E4%BA%AC%E5%95%86%E6%A0%AA%E5%BC%8F%E4%BC%9A%E7%A4%BE-244130489067965/?ref=ts&fref=ts

12745414_586044224876588_706712865357749

• Like 1

Oh, sweet jeebus. I'll be tempted to mount one of mine on the wall, with the lid beside it.

• Like 1

Optima (1985)

DSC03495.JPG

Optima (2016)

12814259_909918902458017_570694140433975

Turbo Optima

DSC03497.JPG

Javelin

DSC03498.JPG

• Like 4

Not sure of the difference between 'clear body' for Scorpion/Tomahawk and 'non-decorative body' for Optima (top page 4), I guess they are the same thing!

The "non-decoration body" sounds like it being the actual body, minus decals or driver.

As expected, they are offering a hardened chassis and carbon fibre shock towers etc. Where are the alternative wheels & tyres though? I see two piece chrome & black variants of the standard wheels but no Turbo Optima variants as yet.

Ok, my shopping list will be:

(1)37021 LE MANS 490 30T motor (pre-order done)
(2)OTW101 ball diff.
(3)OTW102 stabilizer
(4)OTW104GM CNC motor plate
(5)OTW110 carbon radio plate
(6)OTW111 7075 hard chassis
(7)OTW112 7075 hard front support
(8)OTW114 metal servo saver
(9)OTW115GM Aluminum mech post <--- no clue about what this is though.
(10)OTW119GM aluminum servo mount
(11)OTW123 spring set(front)
(12)OTW124 spring set(rear)
(13)OTW125 universal swing shaft

(14)LA43 or LA43H 5.8mm ball end

(15)92413,92416 Titanium adjust rod 38mm,50mm

(16)OTB245 body

They don't do the under-tray, under-cover or something like that?!

• Like 1

Interesting that the shocks come unassembled. That's really unusual for Kyosho. Diffs as well, but I guess if you have to choose between chain and belt, it makes snese.

Those decals for the blue and yellow areas of the body feel like cheating, somehow. We'll be up to our ankles in "box art" Optimas by summertime. I'll just have to come up with something else for my original restore.

And speaking of originals, I don't see a retrofit gearbox upgrade like they did for the Scorpion. Bummer.

ON the pictures I have been sent by kyosho, it shows chain drive and belt drive options, you choose which you fit, Ball-races and gear diffs.

Also looks like the tyres have changed a bit, look a little more "Balloon" that they did before?

Decals have changed a little too,

Slipper clutch included too and 2 different style bumpers (original and Smaller version)

Why in the name of Mike would you post this Javelin picture! You're killing me!

On the original Optima (+ Pro and Turbo) the rear diff cover had an 18T chain cog on it and the L & R front diff covers had two different chain cogs: 18T or 19T. Then you could and you could rotate the diff 180 degrees to change the Front / Rear power split from 50:50 to 40:60 (or even move the 19T cover to the rear to bias the power 60:40 to the front)... I used to love the 40:60 split allowing the rear to kick out a bit :) Does anyone know if the re-re Optima still has this, or has this tuning option been lost with the option to run belt drive instead?

Based on other re-re's by kyosho would not be surprised to see either a Turbo optima or a Javelin ;-)

On the original Optima (+ Pro and Turbo) the rear diff cover had an 18T chain cog on it and the L & R front diff covers had two different chain cogs: 18T or 19T. Then you could and you could rotate the diff 180 degrees to change the Front / Rear power split from 50:50 to 40:60 (or even move the 19T cover to the rear to bias the power 60:40 to the front)... I used to love the 40:60 split allowing the rear to kick out a bit :) Does anyone know if the re-re Optima still has this, or has this tuning option been lost with the option to run belt drive instead?

Kyosho_Optima2016_19-650x228.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone else had the email from Stella saying that they won't be able to fulfil all of the pre-order requests? Kits will be distributed with relevance to the time & date that the pre-order was requested. Sounds like there is a helluva lot of demand for the 1st batch. Not really that surprising.

• Like 1

Anyone else had the email from Stella saying that they won't be able to fulfil all of the pre-order requests? Kits will be distributed with relevance to the time & date that the pre-order was requested. Sounds like there is a helluva lot of demand for the 1st batch. Not really that surprising.

That's funny you mention this. I just received an email from them that stated everyone but Wandy was getting a kit from the first batch. ;)

• Like 3

That's funny you mention this. I just received an email from them that stated everyone but Wandy was getting a kit from the first batch. ;)

Ha! I emailed them straight back and they told me I was near the top of the list. :D

• Like 1

RC Mart seem to be getting plenty in. Probably the best place to go for anyone who pre-ordered from Stella and cannot get one from their first batch.

• Like 1

RC Mart seem to be getting plenty in. Probably the best place to go for anyone who pre-ordered from Stella and cannot get one from their first batch.

Preordered mine from Rcmart, got a mail from them this week stating that the release has been delayed from kyoshos side :( Now it's the end of March rather mid March