pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

The norwegian importer/distributor has pushed the date further and further back, so I'm inclined to order from Stella just to put an end to the wait. After customs have had their say the price will be more or less the same as buying it locally, but at least I'll have it before the summer.

that's the big Achilles heel with Stella they are first rate but when they sell out (and they have with the optima at the moment) they very rarely re stock only on the odd few times and it's generally an age when they do!

although I ordered Kyosho micron tape (blue color) a week ago, it has to be imported from Japan. So, I guess I have to be patient to get this bodyshell done.

By the way, I'm going to get two pairs of OT-30. Nothing else can beat these spike tires. My Optima won't be completed without them.

IMAG1563.jpg

DSC03659.JPG

Anyone knows what color the helmet is?

Optima_cc.jpg

• Like 1

I have just looked on the Stella site and there doesn't appear to be anything to say it isn't in stock. Maybe I am missing something.

I was on the waiting list with Stella but they wrote a while ago saying I would not have one of the first batch kits, so they advised I go elsewhere or wait until the second batch. Then they wrote last week saying they had a kit if I was still interested. I was, and it arrived today, no customs.

Second batch just arrived at Stella according to their Facebook.

• Like 2

RC Mart have another 20+ in stock too. It will be interesting to see how quickly they sell.

Second batch just arrived at Stella according to their Facebook.

SECOND BATCH!!! In the UK we haven't even had the first batch yet! Mind you I did some calculations and the dates that have constantly been put back the guy that must be walking from the far East with them in his back pack should be hear about mid 2017!
  • Like 2

SECOND BATCH!!! In the UK we haven't even had the first batch yet! Mind you I did some calculations and the dates that have constantly been put back the guy that must be walking from the far East with them in his back pack should be hear about mid 2017!

I expect afterwards he'll get in a boat and start rowing across the north sea to deliver a couple of kits here. Early 2018 for me then.

• Like 1

I expect afterwards he'll get in a boat and start rowing across the north sea to deliver a couple of kits here. Early 2018 for me then.

sorry I forgot about you chaps in Norway! I think he'll probably go to you first so it's us that probably have the 2018 release date! (Are we being to cynical here?)
  • Like 1

Fingers crossed he isn't aware of the Channel Tunnel, that could lead him up north before he crosses the sea.

Nah, not too cynical. Just a tad confused as to how it can be so hard to determine the lead time from Asia to the local distributors.

What's I find most annoying is I have received a few emails from Modelsport confirming the order and saying I will receive another email once it is dispatched, but have received no emails apologising for the delay, etc.

I understand it is not the fault of Modelsport and they have always been great with my orders in the past, but I'm sure if it had been Fusion Hobbies that had experienced this delay Joanne would have been contacting the customers.

• Like 1

Tower Hobbies in the US has begun shipping kits. My order status has changed from "Waiting for Product from Manufacturer" to "Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse" which means it will be shipped today.

Just received my order directly from Kyosho last night! I’ll tell you, the kit is a work of art….plastic and aluminum are top notch quality. The only complaint would be the directions are sometimes very confusing, I think I rebuilt the differentials/pulleys about 3 times because of stupid mistakes.

I’m a bit confused with step #5-6, the directions say to pull out the threaded rod but wouldn’t that make the counter gear and spacer just drop down into the gearbox since there really is nothing holding them in place? I’m really afraid of having to tear it apart again to line the gear up…

Just received my order directly from Kyosho last night! I’ll tell you, the kit is a work of art….plastic and aluminum are top notch quality. The only complaint would be the directions are sometimes very confusing, I think I rebuilt the differentials/pulleys about 3 times because of stupid mistakes.

I’m a bit confused with step #5-6, the directions say to pull out the threaded rod but wouldn’t that make the counter gear and spacer just drop down into the gearbox since there really is nothing holding them in place? I’m really afraid of having to tear it apart again to line the gear up…

That's my concern when I receive my kit. i was told years ago as kid that Kyosho had horrible instructions from stores, friends and family who had big brutes and ultimas

My only experience building a Kyosho is the Tomahawk, which naturally is less complicated than an Optima, but so far I've found it quite straightforward and very entertaining. The only trouble I've encountered has been caused by my own stupidity and my fingers general refusal of being agile and nimble.

• Like 1

Tamico just delayed the stock from April 15th. till April 21st :(

I generally agree, the directions are pretty straightforward for the most part. There are definitely some tricky parts though.

The instructions are pretty entertaining sometimes as it appears the wording is lost in translation…ie: “Put in ditch”

Tamico just delayed the stock from April 15th. till April 21st :(

I noticed that too, have one in pre order at tamico.

the new stock at stella is $100 more expensive $399,90 now :unsure:

The new stock at stella is $100 more expensive $399,90 now :unsure:

That link was for those who pre-ordered, and at checkout they were given a $120 discount. Not sure why the link is still up though, or why the standard priced link has vanished...unless they have sold out again already.

RC Mart are down to 12 remaining kits already from their second batch, so maybe Stella did sell out quickly again too.

Mine has finally shipped from Tower Hobbies. Looking forward on sniffing those toxic tyres lol

• Like 2

Mine has finally shipped from Tower Hobbies. Looking forward on sniffing those toxic tyres lol

Mine as well! Should have it Friday if I'm lucky, otherwise Monday.

Towers warehouse in Reno NV makes tower not as great as a bargain ever since I moved to Las Vegas.

So mine will arrive on Monday in Los Angeles (parents) and then will get directed to me in Las Vegas .. All to save on tax :)

• Like 1