pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

So I am thinking of swapping out the kit shocks for Kyoshos Velvet RB6 shocks.. Kyosho lists shock lengths in 30, 38, 46 etc.. I am assuming those are the shock body lengths.. I measured the Optima kit shocks front is 38 mm and rear is 55 mm.. if someone is more familiar on how to measure shocks please chime in.. the method i am used to is measuring the whole length.

I don't know anout Kyosho but in my experience it is usually eye to eye.

• Like 1

I'd much rather skip on to discussing potential of a re-re Turbo Optima!  :wub:   But I guess it all depends on what car you caught your Kyosho, Tamiya etc, infection from when you were young ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4WheelRC said:

I'd much rather skip on to discussing potential of a re-re Turbo Optima!  :wub:   But I guess it all depends on what car you caught your Kyosho, Tamiya etc, infection from when you were young ;)

The Javelin was my first. You never really forget her....

• Like 2

Finally gotten around to built the Optima. Any tips on building the gear diffs? Particularly the front diff with plastic housing. Are the gear case screws supposed to be completely tight? I know the manual says "Do not over tighten", but I didn't use a lot of force and the cap screws (all 4 of them) seem to keep turning with moderate force. I can still move the ring (OT208) back and forth a little, so have I not tighten them enough? Hope I haven't striped out the threads. :(

@lin6499: Hey Lin, is this you? Someone hs been busy tinkering with their Optima! :)

Thanks to M(....), I can get rid of the re-re tires.

OT-30 is strongly recommended for display.:D

Sorry for not being able to say his name out loud.

Not mine. It belongs to a Hongkongese.

got his permission to share this work.

15873441_1546055325434531_23288269019161

• Like 1

On 7/6/2016 at 7:05 PM, beefmuffin said:

I finally got my hands on a re-re Optima.  Whew - you guys weren't kidding about the smell!

The kit has never even been opened and the smell is... quite fragrant.

This hit me when I opened my box to check out the contents.  I'm not going to be building it for a while, but I can't imagine getting past the smell of these tires.  I'll have to research alternatives in the future.

15 hours ago, lin6499 said:

Not mine. It belongs to a Hongkongese.

got his permission to share this work.

Wow, that Turbo Optima bodyshell looks amazing! I really hope Kyosho re-re the Turbo Optima, as I'd love to have one again - it was the first RC I raced with when I was a boy :wub:

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 10:09 AM, lin6499 said:

Thanks to M(....), I can get rid of the re-re tires.

OT-30 is strongly recommended for display.:D

Sorry for not being able to say his name out loud.

Hi Lin.  In case you did not know, it is OK to mention repro stuff now on this forum.  As long as things do not get out of hand and the stated rules are followed, hopefully this policy will stay in place (see below).

I agree that Marwan makes nice tires.  :)

• Like 2

On 04/03/2016 at 10:57 PM, lin6499 said:

RC World Magazine 4 (= April)

I'm going to get this magazine next month. ^_^

RCworld201604.jpg

hv u got the magazine?

20 hours ago, Siang20 said:

hv u got the magazine?

Yes, I got it.

K34nGB0TC0iQnYdOhoOYZUojMy1VT3GTT82A2AWz

bkQdj8979UEVgYo8qLWgc0QsOBLm46sbHeKYA07D

• Like 1

IMG_7075.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

this car sure bring back my childhood wet dream, always dream of having it and........cant afford to own it back then, luckily kyosho re release it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, frameskip said:

I've been having a hard time finding the carbon upper deck (OTW110). Does anyone have experience with the Jazrider parts for the Optima re-re? In particular the upper deck: http://www.jazrider.com/kyosho-optima-2016-carbon-radio-plate-p-90075268.html

Not sure about that part, but this "Xtra Speed XS-OM27003 Carbon Upgrade Set For Kyosho Optima 2016" may be of interest (unless you have lots of carbon parts already)?: http://www.rcmart.com/carbon-kyosho-optima-2016-p-68011.html?cPath=1102_1106 2016

Unfortunately, the upper deck is the only Kyosho-branded carbon bit I am missing. Had a bit of a spree in Tokyo back in March, but could not find the last piece. But thanks for the pointer!

Twice now, I have broken the u shaped front bulkhead piece. Guess it’s time to change to the aluminium hop up piece.

DA79465A-D6E9-4D01-AD76-CFB309E3B05F.png

• Like 1