pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

I hope you're right. Re-re Turbo wheels and modern-compound OT-66s would make my old Mid very happy...

I would hang fire on the wheels as I think they will be one of the first things that Kyosho bring back, as a hop-up part.

I would not be surprised to see the OT-66 tyres come back too as they seem to have quite a modern looking tread compared to that of the Scorpion, Tomahawk and standard Optima.

Too late ^_^ I feel a future build video series coming on for my YT channel. I'll be sure to also drop piccies on this forum.

• Like 1

Looking really forward to this rere, but what I really want is the MID SE. Won't mind everything in between though :wub:

Like this

IMG_2730_zps9e2c08ea.jpg

• Like 3

Exactly, love the look of the Mids, and I am missing the SE :(

Yes, this car is my Holy Grail, my number 1

• Like 1

My first attempt to paint the body shell as box-art. Masking alone took me so much time.

The worse thing is cutting the windows are rather troublesome. I'll use masking tape instead next time. (T_T)

193702cvf5wfzcilq5c5ii.jpg.thumb.jpg

My first attempt to paint the body shell as box-art. Masking alone took me so much time.

The worse thing is cutting the windows are rather troublesome. I'll use masking tape instead next time. (T_T)

Did you use masking tape? If you haven't tried it before, have a look at liquid masks - IMHO they are awesome compared to masking tape, especially for fiddly shapes e.g. Parma FasMask.

• Like 1

Did you use masking tape? If you haven't tried it before, have a look at liquid masks - IMHO they are awesome compared to masking tape, especially for fiddly shapes e.g. Parma FasMask.

Unheard of before, so I watched a movie on Youtube. That's a cool stuff. Thanks a lot.

Like this

IMG_2730_zps9e2c08ea.jpg

Completely agree. I had the Turbo Optima Mid SE in the 80s and it was my favourite car of all time!

This is simply brilliant news from Kyosho, they are an outstanding company and their cars were incredible. I had more Kyoshos than I did Tamiya's (not sure why it just happened that way!)

Stunning re-re for sure, probably going to have to make one mine!

• Like 1

Completely agree. I had the Turbo Optima Mid SE in the 80s and it was my favourite car of all time!

This is simply brilliant news from Kyosho, they are an outstanding company and their cars were incredible. I had more Kyoshos than I did Tamiya's (not sure why it just happened that way!)

Stunning re-re for sure, probably going to have to make one mine!

Built one out of a box of scraps a while back so I'm good ;)

optimatop.jpg

• Like 1

Built one out of a box of scraps a while back so I'm good ;)

optimatop.jpg

If only I could make one out of my scraps:

F4AA57C4-D93A-481D-90EF-D1EEAAFC8FB2_zps

Need more than my dam shell!

If only I could make one out of my scraps:

F4AA57C4-D93A-481D-90EF-D1EEAAFC8FB2_zps

Need more than my dam shell!

I just got lucky and stumbled across a basket case before everyone decided the mid was a must have car.

Looking forward to the Optima being re-released. My friend got one in 1986 and it was something else. I had a Hornet and was used to plastic RC cars then the Optima came along and was mostly metal and it was 4WD. It was awesome and handled a thousand times better than my Hornet. I wanted one until I saw the Javelin so I hope the Javelin is re-released too. I did eventually get an Optima but it was an Optima Mid and is all original even the tires. I would like to see the Optima Mid re-released too so I can have one to run that I can get parts for when I break it. Here is my Mid. Links for bigger pics: http://s722.photobucket.com/user/dboz93/media/RC%20Cars/Kyosho%20Optima%20Mid%201a.jpg.html and http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/dboz93/RC%20Cars/Kyosho%20Optima%20Mid%201b.jpg

post-43817-0-25160000-1455554055_thumb.j

post-43817-0-76799400-1455554056_thumb.j

Almost pulled the trigger on that a couple of times. I think they also had a finished double dare body up for sale as well.

I emailed Tower and they were not able to confirm if they will be selling it. This is what they wrote me:

I am sorry that we dont have any further information on whether or not we will carry this model. As soon as the information becomes available to us it is also made available on our website so we dont really know anything that you dont. I can tell you that Kyosho is very restrictive with us regarding what items from their inventory we are allowed to sell and to what customers we are allowed to sell their products to. They seem to operate using a system of assigned dealer territories. We only recently, within the last year or so, started carrying Kysoho products again on a limited scale.

I emailed Tower and they were not able to confirm if they will be selling it. This is what they wrote me:

I am sorry that we dont have any further information on whether or not we will carry this model. As soon as the information becomes available to us it is also made available on our website so we dont really know anything that you dont. I can tell you that Kyosho is very restrictive with us regarding what items from their inventory we are allowed to sell and to what customers we are allowed to sell their products to. They seem to operate using a system of assigned dealer territories. We only recently, within the last year or so, started carrying Kysoho products again on a limited scale.

Wait - so is this after you saw they are already taking orders for it (a few posts up)? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFYST

• Like 1

Tower won't send out side of US it seems :( ..

But HK sellers will - makes a mockery of the regional distribution chain

• Like 1