pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

Wait... so, question! I've been out of the action for a few weeks so apologies if it's already been covered here (repeatedly) but does the re-re Optima kit come with these decals you use instead of actually painting the body??

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

Wait... so, question! I've been out of the action for a few weeks so apologies if it's already been covered here (repeatedly) but does the re-re Optima kit come with these decals you use instead of actually painting the body??

s-l500.jpg

Yes, or at least with the opportunity to use them. Not sure it is the perfect solution, but probably better than my painting :)

• Like 1

Yes, or at least with the opportunity to use them. Not sure it is the perfect solution, but probably better than my painting :)

LOL... has anyone here tried it?? I'm having a hard time picturing how it would end up looking decent,,, but maybe it's true!

• Like 1

LOL... has anyone here tried it?? I'm having a hard time picturing how it would end up looking decent,,, but maybe it's true!

I wish I could try it! But as the importer's keep on putting the release date back time and time and time again over in the UK I can just look and wonder? Maybe next year!!!!
  • Like 1

How it looks like to use the decal.

Source: Time Tunnel

%25E6%259C%25AA%25E5%2591%25BD%25E5%2590

%25E6%259C%25AA%25E5%2591%25BD%25E5%2590

Hmm... well, factory-finished is one thing. There's probably a guy there who's practiced on 20 bodies in the bin to get it down to a working algorithm. I'm curious to see what luck TCers have had. My experience applying big, complex decals is that there are folds, seams and air bubbles sent by satan to torment us.

• Like 4

Hmm... well, factory-finished is one thing. There's probably a guy there who's practiced on 20 bodies in the bin to get it down to a working algorithm. I'm curious to see what luck TCers have had. My experience applying big, complex decals is that there are folds, seams and air bubbles sent by satan to torment us.

In the beginning, I thought that way too. But it's not factory-finished. That was some kind of joke that he tried to tease us.

• Like 1

In the beginning, I thought that way too. But it's not factory-finished. That was some kind of joke that he tried to tease us.

By "he" I assume you mean satan?

By "he" I assume you mean satan?

I meant the guy who runs Time Tunnel.

==========================

• Like 1

I meant the guy who runs Time Tunnel.

==========================

Satan runs Time Tunnel?? I knew it!

• Like 1

I’ve tried using the decals instead of the paint and I’ll tell you for a beginner, it’s a nightmare. First off, lining everything up correctly makes you want to pull your hair out. My hands were shaking and sweating as I attempted to get everything straight. Once I did get the decals applied, there were air bubbles everywhere. After applying a few decals, I was so frustrated that I painstakingly removed them…

Could just be my incompetence when it comes to fine details.... :unsure:

• Like 2

I’ve tried using the decals instead of the paint and I’ll tell you for a beginner, it’s a nightmare. First off, lining everything up correctly makes you want to pull your hair out. My hands were shaking and sweating as I attempted to get everything straight. Once I did get the decals applied, there were air bubbles everywhere. After applying a few decals, I was so frustrated that I painstakingly removed them…

Could just be my incompetence when it comes to fine details.... :unsure:

You need a spray filled with water and a few drops of dish soap.

Then spray it at one of your hands, the model and the decal.

STICKER.jpg

• Like 1

Mine arrived from RC Mart today.

It's beautiful. :)

Is there a list of options for this car? I was thinking of building but it has to have a Le Mans motor.

Mine arrived from RC Mart today.

It's beautiful. :)

Is there a list of options for this car? I was thinking of building but it has to have a Le Mans motor.

Have a look at post 445 for options: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78719&p=622815 and post 448 just below.

FYI the Le Mans 490 motor that Kyosho have out and suggest for the Optima runs on bushes (not ball races), which may or may not be an issue for you. If you look at eBay etc. you can pick up all sorts of vintage Le Mans motors (at all sorts of prices!). I'd advise being patient, as if you cannot see a listing for what you want, you may find one comes up in a few weeks...

My optima was sent from rcmart a few days ago, i picked up a kyosho optima option house gold motor guard from ebay.

Anyone remember the option house gold hopup shocks..? I heard they never leaked, but they dont come cheap if you find some. I do have a couple of sets buried away somewhere. Duratrax had similar made gold shocks as well, but a little different & cheaper to buy if i remember?

I wonder if these newer optima shocks or the kyosho hg shocks are better than the option house ones that i have..?

Just a little off topic.. went over to stella's & purchased a sand scorcher & a torque tuned motor, i never thought i would buy one, was never a fan of the bug. But after buying the kyosho baja style beetle & watching sand scorcher vids on youtube. The scorcher has grown on me. I remember them as a kid. Always liked the box art.

• Like 3

Anybody have any idea if it's possible, and what parts would be involved to convert this rerelease optima to a Javelin?

Just received my Optimas from Tower Hobbies. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the paint thinner/turpentine smell from the rubber tires. Phew! It's strong. Much stronger than any other kit I've ever bought.

• Like 1

Just received my Optimas from Tower Hobbies. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the paint thinner/turpentine smell from the rubber tires. Phew! It's strong. Much stronger than any other kit I've ever bought.

Go back a few pages it's been discussed ;)

• Like 1

You need a spray filled with water and a few drops of dish soap.

Then spray it at one of your hands, the model and the decal.

STICKER.jpg

Is there a link to that video?

Ahem...

By the way...has anyone had a whiff of the new tyres in this kit? My word, the smell almost got me high. Talk about overpowering. :lol:

Honestly, the room in which I am currently storing the Optima box stinks of the tyres. And the box lid is firmly on!

Geez.. Im going to air out the kit box outside before storing it inside 😀

Geez.. Im going to air out the kit box outside before storing it inside 😀

Light a match and let's us know if something happens lol

• Like 2