pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

Now can anyone NOT WANT TO BUY THIS ?. :lol: ..

WOW , alot for thought has been put into this , to keep it old school

& have it up to date with modern tech of this era ..

I'm going to get two , even if i have to sell a kidney to get them :lol: ..

Very impressed with kyosho's effort to keep looking old & but modern

to handle today tech etc .

WELL DONE KYOSHO !! & thanks .

Thanks shenlonco for the site . Makes all the difference . But not the my wallet :lol:

• Like 6

Amazing, with the slightly different tyre design and low stance, it even looks better than the original. Major win from Kyosho here.

• Like 1

Wow!! I'm super surprised they are really including both drive types and even two bumper options. I'm also super excited to get this! In fact, I might even get one to build as a runner!

K.30617_16.jpg

K.30617_25.jpg

• Like 2

It's a stunner, no doubt about it. The attention to detail is mindboggling.

So it does indeed come with belt and chain as standard?

Looks like it comes with the HG shocks as standard too?

The new driver figure is a vast improvement.

I appreciate the new tyres, complete with Sand Super sidewall....however I prefer the original OT-30s.

• Like 7

It's a stunner, no doubt about it. The attention to detail is mindboggling.

So it does indeed come with belt and chain as standard?

Looks like it comes with the HG shocks as standard too?

The new driver figure is a vast improvement.

I appreciate the new tyres, complete with Sand Super sidewall....however I prefer the original OT-30s.

Agreed, total stunner! Best re-re I've seen of them all, Tamiya or Kyosho, in my humble opinion... without even seeing the box contents. The fact they aren't showing the box contents makes me wonder if they are hiding some surprise(s). Maybe the body will be prefinished after all?? That would certainly help make it easier to decide to run it (another spelling of ruin it).

Interesting that they did include the Sand Super sidewalls but no pre-lettering! As opposed to the Scorpion tires which come pre-lettered (on one side anyway).

Aaaah noooooooo

Those pic's changed my mind.

Especially with the drive train improvements like belt drive and alloy diff crown gear with a proper slipper and top lay shaft.

Well done Kyosho.

Ahh I have no room for it. MMmm under our bed it will sleep.

• Like 4

To be honest, it's stuff like this that makes some of the compromises Tamiya makes with a lot of their re-releases seem really lame. You've got to believe Kyosho would have included a ball diff in the re-re Monster Beetle kit. They would probably include an original-style Blackfoot grille in the BF re-re (almost certainly not going to happen). Imagine if all the Tamiya re-releases came with nice blister packaging?? Don't get me wrong - I love all the re-releases. I just feel like Kyosho is really showing up Tamiya here in a big way.

• Like 5

Interesting that they did include the Sand Super sidewalls but no pre-lettering! As opposed to the Scorpion tires which come pre-lettered (on one side anyway).

Actually, the Scorpion tyres do have the Sand Super logo embossed on the inner side of the tyre, with the Goodear logo printed on the outer sidewall.

• Like 1

Actually, the Scorpion tyres do have the Sand Super logo embossed on the inner side of the tyre, with the Goodear logo printed on the outer sidewall.

Yeah that's what I meant - why not fill in the lettering with white for these like with the "Goodyear" lettering?

To be honest, it's stuff like this that makes some of the compromises Tamiya makes with a lot of their re-releases seem really lame. You've got to believe Kyosho would have included a ball diff in the re-re Monster Beetle kit. They would probably include an original-style Blackfoot grille in the BF re-re (almost certainly not going to happen). Imagine if all the Tamiya re-releases came with nice blister packaging?? Don't get me wrong - I love all the re-releases. I just feel like Kyosho is really showing up Tamiya here in a big way.

Agree with you 100%. However without Tamiya starting the whole re-re scene off none of this stuff from Kyosho would likely be happening and that is something we should not forget.

• Like 3

It's kind of hard to tell.

It seems the thickness of front and rear damper stays are 3mm. (while the original ones are 2mm)

K.30617_58.jpg

Kyosho Europe

New features :
1.) Chassis : All plates and the main chassis bars are now 6061T6 aluminum(counter sunk).
Aluminum chassis bars are slightly thicker for more durability.
2.) Drive-train : Kit includes both chain and belt drive trains allowing use of more powerful motors.
Diff gears now have ball bearings installed.
3.) Gears : Now in 48 pitch gears. Sintered alloy gears combined with high impact nylon gears and
newly added slipper clutch will cope with the current power plants.
4.) Shocks : New 10mm diameter aluminum cylinder with SUS shaft allows improved damping.
5.) Tires / Wheels : Slightly modified tread designs and new softer compound for superior grip and
handling. Rear tires include inner sponge. New 1 piece wheel design
6.) 2 Types of bumpers included(Wide and Narrow)
7.) Aluminum motor guard.
8.) Updated geometry
9.) Hardware : All Hex
10.) Updated servo fixture
11.) Driver : Molded helmet design.
12.) Option Parts : We will release various option parts.
14.) Electronics compatibility : Compatible with the current standard servos,
Receiver units, ESCs, motors and battery packs.
15.) Packaging : Similar to the original with blister pack showing some of the parts included. Some
parts will be preassembled and parts will be bagged in steps following the instruction manual for easy
assembly.

Look at the motor mounting plate.

I noticed that there is a mounting hole for Javelin cage, which means rere Javelin is coming up?

K.30617_46.jpg

• Like 1

There is a black component right in front of the rear gearbox. Anyone knows what it might be?

At first, I had had no clue. Later, I came up with an idea.

I guess it can be a servo mount when short lipo is mounted. (just like the way Optima Pro is)

K.30617_51.jpg

I really like all the aluminum, hex hardware, updates to the gearbox, and provision for a belt. It's pure eye candy in those photos. I might have to get one of these with a Scorpion!

If they continue down the optima route I hope it is either the Turbo or Pro next. I was never a fan of the looks of the Javelin or Salute myself.

And then on to the Mid :rolleyes:

Never a fan of the Javelin! Say what?

• Like 1

Looks Grand but the battery looks very exposed for LiPo. Would hate to see a run of flaming Optimas.

This Got to be the best rere of 2016, can't see what would beat this. Excellent Kyosho.

• Like 1

Oh wow. That looks marvelous. Faithful to the original, but different enough to not be confused for one. And the new drivetrain looks like another gem.

I'm not sold on the wheels and tires. The wheels look too small and the tires too fat, and I wish they were still 3-piece. I hate gluing tires as much as some people hate painting.

Still, that's nitpicking, and I'm thrilled to see this, and I'm looking forward to seeing it next to my henceforth-designated-as-a-shelf-queen original, and my well-loved runner Mid.

• Like 3

This is truly excellent, loving the nicely machined components and presentation, lots of goodies there and so much thoughtfulness and passion, well done Kyosho! Bring forth the Turbo!!!!

I have no space for both!

Though I'm by far a bigger Tamiya fan than I'm a Kyosho fan, Kyosho again proves that they put more thought and effort into their re-res than Tamiya (mostly) does. I appreciate that many Tamiya fans want the re-res to be as true to the originals as possible and maybe Tamiya has decided to primarily cater for that. Though I kind of enjoy the unrectified flaws of the Tamiya re-res, I still like Kyosho's approach much more.

Close enough to the originals to look right and convey the "feeling" of the originals, but with improvements to make them perform and hold up better. And the use of technology not available and tight tolerances not financially viable "back then" to further improve the look, the durability and the performance. Something I wish Tamiya would have done with for instance the re-re SRB's.

• Like 5

That could be a whole new line for Tamiya...modernised re-re's such as the 'Super' BigWig! A modern approach using latest materials etc but with the original shell.

• Like 2