pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

Whatever it is.. I wonder where my ESC should go.

No idea, but it doesn't seem to be shown in the photo below once the top plate is attached:

Good catch 73robb - so maybe it really is just an assembly aid! Looks like they've really gone above and beyond in that sense... even whole new tool designs, etc.

That being said, I guess you tape the ESC upside-down under the driver and pull out that spacer when installing the radio tray.

Dug up a couple more pics I don't think Wandy had in his bunch. Shows how the driver is attached, being that there's no more MSC-plate-mounted driver post. Am really so excited about this. Am definitely gonna build and run one!

K.30617_63.jpg

K.30617_37.jpg

K.30617_58.jpg

• Like 1

Dug up a couple more pics I don't think Wandy had in his bunch. Shows how the driver is attached, being that there's no more MSC-plate-mounted driver post. Am really so excited about this. Am definitely gonna build and run one!

Surely you mean two to run, belt and chain... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Surely you mean two to run, belt and chain... :ph34r:

LOL, nah... but a 2nd to keep NIB maybe! Also, whatever happened to the original Ultima re-re? If that's also coming soon I might build and run one of those too. So I'll have restored shelfers and re-re runners of both, which is my ideal setup! These are the only two Kyosho re-re's I'd really be passionate about (unless they for some ungodly reason re-re'd the Pegasus). So... I'm just happy as a clam. :D

But, anyone know the status of the Ultima??

• Like 2

I've been kicking myself for missing out on the Avante re release and will probably have to sell my grandma and all her knitwear to buy one off of ebay, so I'm definetely getting at least two Optimas as soon as they hit the stores.

Incidentally, if anyone is in the market for a 91 year old norwegian grandma, pm me for details.

• Like 4

Incidentally, if anyone is in the market for a 91 year old norwegian grandma, pm me for details.

Hmm, I had a vintage Nan BITD. How's the chassis / undercarriage?

• Like 3

Hmm, I had a vintage Nan BITD. How's the chassis / undercarriage?

I'm going to be honest with you, she used to be a ballet dancer, so there are some issues with wear. But she has a fairly new ceramic knee, and she's still nimble and quick on her feet. These days her diet consists mostly of tea and classical music, so all in all the upkeep shouldn't be to expensive.

• Like 3

I've just thought of something: my "original" Optima isn't all that original, really. It's built from two different wrecks, with repro tires and body, and modern stainless hardware. Maybe if the new driveline really is backward-compatible, I'll just update it, maybe replace the leaky old original shocks, and enjoy it that way - and wait for the Javelin re-re.

• Like 1

I've just thought of something: my "original" Optima isn't all that original, really. It's built from two different wrecks, withrepro tires and body, and modern stainless hardware. Maybe if the new driveline really is backward-compatible, I'll just update it, maybe replace the leaky old original shocks, and enjoy it that way - and wait for the Javelin re-re.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me! Although... I know the Optima is one of your special love-bugs, so it wouldn't be too crazy to keep your original for display and get both Optima and Javelin re-re's to run.

• Like 1

Sounds pretty reasonable to me! Although... I know the Optima is one of your special love-bugs, so it wouldn't be too crazy to keep your original for display and get both Optima and Javelin re-re's to run.

Not to me, it wouldn't... but you assume I have some fiscal say-so in the household. I do not.

• Like 3

Not to me, it wouldn't... but you assume I have some fiscal say-so in the household. I do not.

We're both gonna be turning tricks in 2016... may as well just face facts.

• Like 2

We are definitely getting the original boxart too. :)

FB_IMG_1454675107257_zpsbp6vdldm.jpg

Yo Wandy - where did u find this pic??

EDIT: Found it / one!

package%20image%2001.jpg

Honestly, even I have trouble with having more than one of something just sitting there. I still have a surplus of dead RC10s to get rid of. So a resto-mod Optima and a re-re Javelin (if/when) would be fine with me.

As far as the Ultima, I get the feeling that the rumor was actually the Optima, and someone misunderstood. An Ultima re-re wouldn't surprise me, but not for a year or so.

As far as the Ultima, I get the feeling that the rumor was actually the Optima, and someone misunderstood. An Ultima re-re wouldn't surprise me, but not for a year or so.

...or intentional subterfuge. But, I fear you may be right. Although I guess it's a good thing for Kyosho to not blow all the wadding out of their re-release cannon within so short a time!

Kyosho America has a product page for it with a confirmed price of US$299 and a waiting list sign-up. (I signed up!)

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Optima-4WD-Buggy-Kit_p_24246.html

So it's item #30617B now? So what is #30617A?

The plot thickens.

And if 30616 is the Turbo Scorpion, I hope that included in the kit is every single new hop up they have created for the Scorpion. Hardened rails, carbon fibre chasis components, HG shocks, Torque Splitter...the whole lot.

• Like 1

Could the "B" stand for Buggy?

Did they ever make a truck or road car on the Optima chassis? And if not, then maybe they are planning to now?

Considering that Kyosho's price is $299.99, I wonder if the HK sellers can offer it for $250? That would put an even bigger smile on my face. :)

Nice flowchart here;

Source:

1472904_291785934278589_6006460214057873

If they do bring back the Salute, I dearly hope it's the blue version instead of the red. That red body is hideous.

Guys are even more overwelmed here than in Kyosho forum :D

But i share all opinions here: Kyosho is doing -once more - an immaculate job with the Optima. Tamiya has to catch up here !

• Like 1