Sign in to follow this  
DeBruce

Tamiya Astute C Parts Trees

Last year, I painted an Astute body Metallic Red, Backed with Silver and then Metallic red on top again. My Astute is a hybrid between a Madcap and An Astute, sort of Mad-Stute. It had some heavy running last year with a Tamiya Super Modified 11T motor and nothing broke at all, surprisingly. Now its retired to the shelf until the summer again :)

12615227_1271861332827948_51541485847762

12698242_1271862189494529_72251719091086

In the summer I will fit a 19T Reedy motor, Novak GT7 ESC and a Spektrum receiver. So should be fun. I still have the original used Astute body, wing and undertray that I was always planning on selling at some point.

James

:)

• Like 2

Thommo are these definitely the same parts between Astute and Super Astute? I assumed they were different?

You live and learn !

Just checked my Astute & Super Astute manuals, and yes, this part does indeed look the same - never realised.

image_zpsjyapvxfs.jpeg

My astute was the same exact color back when it came back with a Novak t1 esc, Novak micro receiver, micro high speed servo and twister hurricane motor. Brought back some memories. To bad I broke the bulkhead about 5 times though lol

Thommo are these definitely the same parts between Astute and Super Astute? I assumed they were different?

You live and learn !

Just checked my Astute & Super Astute manuals, and yes, this part does indeed look the same - never realised.

Affirmative !

I ordered those parts too then. Once I get everything I'll assemble the new original suspension from the best bits of all the parts I have... are there any other bits from the hubs which didn't change between astute and super astute?

... are there any other bits from the hubs which didn't change between astute and super astute?

No, the only shared parts are the front C hubs which you've just ordered and the shafts that fit them to the suspension arms.

Super Astute rear hubs - different

Super Astute steering arms - different

So after a slight miscommunication it seems I am still in desperate need of a single C3 front knuckle steering arm to complete the plastic parts I need to start this.

Can anyone help with this part?

Can anyone help? I need one measly C3 front knuckle! Help!

Alternate question - what's the closest equivalent to the Astute C3 upright that will fit the original Astute C-Hub and give the same wheelbase? I can see the F103 part but that had the axle at 0mm offset so won't give the correct wheelbase.

Update - I've measured the one C3 part I have and it seems to have a 5mm wheel offset. There is a tuning part for F103 I realised which has a 3.5mm offset so will give me a slight 1.5mm wheelbase increase. Is there anything closer which has the correct 5mm offset? Or did I measure the astute part wrong!

The F103 Hop-up with 3.5mm offset. I've seen it before in a parts lot and also a runner but I'm sure it needed spacing because I remember the runner had a yellow damper piston as the spacer.

Sign in to follow this