Does anyone have any dealing with Japanese Auction Center or Jauce.com? It seems to be a replacement for Ebay Japan and run by Yahoo and acts as a middle man in order to get bought goods out of Japan.

Taken from the website...

"Since most Japanese sellers will not deal with bidders from outside of Japan, it's a good idea to use an intermediary service that will deal with the seller on your behalf.
At this point, you can use JAUCE.COM website to place your bids in "very" real-time and they will do the rest to ship the items to your home.
This way, you can enjoy Japanese online auctions from the comfort of your own home and pay them through PayPal."

I imagine that there would be a fee for this service and maybe even customs charges.

As much as I use Ebay, and as convenient as it is, I'd like more opportunity to find items, and at better prices if possible. What other auction/sale websites are there? I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks.

• Like 1

You don't talk about fight club lol

Yes there are fee's and charges, lot's actually

The fee's seem reasonable but they seem to add up for each purchase

I think you would get import fee's in the UK also

I have bought a vintage Hotshot 2, Super Sabre, Super Astute, hopped up Rookie Rabbit and a Thunder Dragon, Hotshot 2 NIB bodyset and motors from there.

The pictures of the goods are always small and low quality, it is a real guessing game as to what the item quality will be like if the item is second hand, and there are no comebacks whatsoever.

• Like 1

OK, more information.

Costs 300 yen every time you top up your account, no matter how much or how little.If you are 1 yen short for postage it WILL cost another 300 yen to top up your account.

You have to have the full amount deposited in your account to make a bid, if you want to bid higher than the amount in your account, you need to top up, which gets difficult with 5 mins to go in an auction.

Fee's of sale is approx. 8%, or 1000 yen depending on sale price.

You need to realise that you have to pay postage twice, once from japan internal to JAUCE, then from JAUCE to yourself.

International postage rates for one car and controller is expensive, 3 cars and parts was far cheaper per item.

They highly recommend their packing service, which costs a few thousand yen iirc. I have received items broken in transit, which aren't covered.

As I said before, sale prices seem very low, but with double postage and extra fee's it adds up, I once bought a Rookie Rabbit, with original CPR 60 unit and controller in working condition, it was fitted with vintage high caps,

Astute front rims and tyres, and a fitted but never used technigold, auction price was 2,400 yen, but it cost me over 10,500 yen landed to home, which was still a good buy.

I try and only use the site for exotics, cars and parts that I can't find anywhere else, example my hopped up vintage Super Astute

I do like the anti sniping feature, if someone outbids the leading bidder with less than 5 mins to go till auction end, another 5 mins is added to the auction, I have been bidding in auctions that go far longer than advertised lol

• Like 1

Agreed, my wife goes nuts if she even she's me browsing Jauce now

• Like 1

I've been buying stuff off Yahoo Auctions Japan for years. Motorbike stuff mainly. No problems whatsoever, but the costs soon mount up : purchase price, domestic shipping, international shipping to me, middleman fees, currency conversion charges, import duty and ParcelFarce's admin fee. But the stuff I want is not available anywhere else.

It sounds like a lot of bother for a hover, not to mention the expense from all the fees adding up. I'll have a butcher's once in a while, but by the looks of things I don't think I'll be buying anything from Jauce.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

I just made my first purchase with a site called buyee.jp. They link to your paypal account. Just grabbed a set of those old GTR alloy wheels for 40.00 US. Still have to pay the international shipping once the item is at Buyee's warehouse. Ill keep this updated as to my experience. These folks charge a payment fee and a service fee of 200 Yen each. Looks like it is a percentage of the auction selling price. They have a good English website that explains most things well. I figured I'd give it a shot with a smaller purchase and see how it goes.

Update. Only took 2 days from the end of the auction for Buyee to contact me to let me know the wheels were ready to send. Cost for shipping to the US is 15.00. Total out of pocket for the transaction is about 55.00 US. Not bad at all.

They do allow you to hold items in their warehouse for 90 days so you can ship once and save some money on shipping from multiple auctions. Seems like a pretty good outfit.

I'd registered on jauce the other day after reading this here thread, but depositing money with them looked like a ball ache, so I chickened out. Upon reading about the buyee option just now, I've just registered and started bidding! I'll keep you updated too.

I just ordered two relatively obscure bits for my TA04 from jauce via buy it now.

The seller apparently cancelled one of the items - so I've had a 2000 yen refund. Not sure if I've been charged a transaction fee for that too. It's annoying.

Update:

Jauce is a money pit, plain and simple.

Don't be fooled by what appears to be a bargain - the charges soon mount up. It's a joke!

It's not about bargains, or even value, it's about being able to get hold of stuff you can't get from anywhere else. My garage would be only half full if it wasn't for middlemen services like that. But my wallet would be fatter.

• Like 5

Agree,

I pay a lot more than I should for items from Japan but I simply can't get them anywhere else.

My current dilemma is how to ship the items. They are holding them and I can choose to consolidate but its a bit of a learning game about how to ship to make it the most cost effective.

I found that shipping say 3 cars, controllers and some hop ups was far cheaper per unit than shipping a single car and controller

Ok, I was bidding on an item, something that is never seen outside of Japan. It was reasonably priced, and the seller has a number of them, and a number of related items so probably has a store. I won the item on 27th March, and it arrived today, so just over three weeks for delivery.

8A1E19C9-666F-480A-ABD2-09BC6C48B7E5_zps

The large mail pack contained the smaller envelope, and the item was well packed in bubble wrap.

Cost for the item was originally £17.56, including the fee/tax for the service. Then additionally I was charged £11.73 for the extra leg of the journey from Japan. So, almost £30 for this single part is very expensive, but I had to have it.

Top marks for buyee.

Interesting development. I purchased a very nice TGX kit about a week ago. It arrived at the Buyee warehouse in a couple days and then was sent a message that it could not be shipped on to me because it contained prohibited items. They emailed me this morning to tell me that I have several choices as to how to proceed.. basically it comes down to the seller included partial containers of the grease and oil used to build the kit. These cannot be shipped internationally according to some policy.(who knows what catastrophe could have been averted by not letting a tube of ball grease on an airplane!) Anyway they said they will remove the prohibited items and dispose of them and then ship the kit. I wonder if they know how mant Tamiya kits travel across the seas on an airplane all those dangerous tubes and tubs of grease.

Orlandoo had the same problem with his kit, first time he tried to ship he had to repack the oil and grease in multiple kits

I know that Japan lately has renewed restrictions with shipping items outside but never heard of the oil/ grease thing. But i can confirm that for instance anything with batteries is not permitted to ship airways. I sometimes have to send items to Japan for inspections and warranty checks and we have been informed to remove the batteries because they cannot send them back when shipping by aircraft. 

This is my first time using Buyee...

This is Buyee Customer Support Team.

We would like to inform you that your package contains prohibited item for internationally shipping and this package cannot be shipped by EMS, seamail, UPS, or other similar shipping methods.

-----------------------------------------

Prohibited item:【Oil】
-----------------------------------------

Kindly please choose one of the following options that you should do for your package:

OPTIONS:

Ⅰ.Ship your item to a domestic (Japanese) address.
Ⅱ.Discard your item

Whats that all about then???!!

sorry for my language, now we are going back and fo .. hoping to resolve it.....

Damper oil, i've ask them to discard that rather than the whole item...

What did you buy?

There seems to be tight restrictions on shipping oil and grease, just as others told above. I wouldn't be surprised if this extends to other chemical things like fuel, batteries, paints and spray cans. These restrictions could be either internal policies just for safety and insurance, or due to actual post office policies.

I have never used buyee, only Japan Auction Centre, they only really seem to be wrapped up about batterys, which can be sent to Australia, but they also have warnings posted at the top of auctions.

Hopefully they will remove the shocks, or best result, drain the oil.

2 hours ago, GregM said:

What did you buy?

There seems to be tight restrictions on shipping oil and grease, just as others told above. I wouldn't be surprised if this extends to other chemical things like fuel, batteries, paints and spray cans. These restrictions could be either internal policies just for safety and insurance, or due to actual post office policies.

I bought a brand new NIB kit from Japan... I think it's the Damper Oil, so i've ask them to discard that...

finger crossed!