I have just dipped my toes and purchased a TA03F chassis ( looks new) so will be interesting how things go. Paid very little so far and they took the winning price and fees out immediately. I will update once/if the trade is successfully completed. 

I'm still using them from time to time. No issues

I have used RINKYA for quite a while. Very reliable and fast with good "storage" facilities if you are buying a number of items at different times.

Cheers

Darryn

Just compared the fees between RINKYA and Buyee. Way less at buyee. A 32.00 body set doubled in price before shipping was even added.

I have purchased a Super Astute, Optima Mid Turbo, Hotshott II, Super Sabre , new built Thunder Dragon, NIB motors and new decals and bodysets from  Jauce, never an issue and they are typically always in better condition than described, which is a nice change from ebay

I use Private Import Japan and have done for years. Never compared them to anybody else price wise but the service is spot on. I have a reduced fee price with them as I buy so much. They just remove prohibited items, fuel, paint tins and oils for me and ship. I have been doing it so long they dont event ask just remove them.

I always buy stuff for me with stuff I know is obsolete in europe and sell the other parts to pay for the order. Works well.

Boy I missed the bus on this business :D

But this thread has me wondering about buying overseas and importing to Japan ... I want a Baja Rey but it's only eBay or direct from Hobby Horizon or whatever.

Guess I'll have to email them.

Ok after dipping my toes using Buyee I must admit it is simply too easy. You just need to be careful with the cost of international shipping as it can add up very quickly. There fees are reasonable I think. I purchased 3 ta03 chassis’s - one new built and two with little use for about $110NZ which was pretty good inclusive of their fees. The domestic shipping and international shipping however was almost $160NZ which was a lot more than I have ever paid for shipping before. I think if you can keep a parcel under 3kgs the shipping is a lot less so I guess you could say I have found out the hard way. Translations are very good and you can link over to yahoo in need and I use a translator of my iPhone with camera to look at other details if there are any more that have not pulled through. You can also see exactly how long before if finishes to the second as opposed to the minute in Buyee.

I also picked up some 53140 and 53131 aluminium wheels and postage was very reasonable- price paid all up was probably half to what I have ever seen them on EBay.

I picked up a NIB TA03 kit which cost $93NZ for domestic and international shipping also which is similar to shipping a new release kit from Asia to me in NZ these days...used to be $50-60NZ but has crept up in recent times.

I watched a new built in box TGX Kure Nismo sell for $21001 yen....chassis assembled and body not painted or decals - looked like everything was there.....yes I was very tempted.....

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/384375988#group=nogroup&photo=4

I am not sure my wife is happy that I know about this site however....... :)

happy hunting fellow TC members

I dunno how much this helps, but EMS is what I've used to ship stuff around the world. Tracked and insured. They guarantee less than 2 weeks, but because Japan Post doesn't put the box in a corner to make sure it takes at least two weeks (like USPS etc) it usually takes less than two weeks. Often less than a week...!

Are they sending by courier, or just marking up the shipping to make their money?

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html

15 hours ago, kalsh said:

Ok after dipping my toes using Buyee I must admit it is simply too easy. You just need to be careful with the cost of international shipping as it can add up very quickly. There fees are reasonable I think. I purchased 3 ta03 chassis’s - one new built and two with little use for about $110NZ which was pretty good inclusive of their fees. The domestic shipping and international shipping however was almost $160NZ which was a lot more than I have ever paid for shipping before. I think if you can keep a parcel under 3kgs the shipping is a lot less so I guess you could say I have found out the hard way. Translations are very good and you can link over to yahoo in need and I use a translator of my iPhone with camera to look at other details if there are any more that have not pulled through. You can also see exactly how long before if finishes to the second as opposed to the minute in Buyee.

I also picked up some 53140 and 53131 aluminium wheels and postage was very reasonable- price paid all up was probably half to what I have ever seen them on EBay.

I picked up a NIB TA03 kit which cost $93NZ for domestic and international shipping also which is similar to shipping a new release kit from Asia to me in NZ these days...used to be $50-60NZ but has crept up in recent times.

I watched a new built in box TGX Kure Nismo sell for $21001 yen....chassis assembled and body not painted or decals - looked like everything was there.....yes I was very tempted.....

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/384375988#group=nogroup&photo=4

I am not sure my wife is happy that I know about this site however....... :)

happy hunting fellow TC members

There are often very good deals on large packages with multiple cats and radios but the shipping is crazy. For it to make sense for an overseas buyer the sale price needs to 15-20 USD I just received my TA03 RS TRF. Great condition and prob about 140 total with shipping. The option is there for larger items to go by sea but you will wait a couple months.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:30 AM, salvine said:

Unfortunately they don’t offer sea shipping to me in NZ. I had selected that originally but then got the old sorry can’t do that email. Took a few emails to get a refund also but I got a refund in the end.