Scapelnz

Hotshot parts Wanted

I'm piecing together a Hotshot but am struggling to find the last few pieces. Does anyone have the under side/ bottom piece of the chassis. And I'm also after all the screw bags, and bearings or bushes

Cheers Andy 😀

Hey mate. Are you looking for new or runner parts? I Assume your referring to the radio box part of the chassis? :) Cheers Andy.

Hey mate, im not bothered, runner parts are fine, I've managed to souce all original parts apart from a couple of re re parts. Yeah the radio box part of the chassis 😀

Sweet, I had a look at my spares, I have A Hotshot II version. It is slightly wider on 1 side but mostly the same :)

I was going to note the same info on the screw bags and body Max, it is so tempting as those screws are not that easy to find if you want them in the vintage colors.

Have some good luck on your search, I shall see what I have here in the way of parts that are spare. I can attest to adapting the HS2 lower chassis onto the HS original upper chassis, it is a piece of cake, but I think it is best to cut off the little "cow ears" near the battery mount side as well as the fact you should use the correct screws to put the upper and lower chassis together, they are a different length AND type, they are self tapping with a solid shank not machine thread like the originals. I have done this hybrid combination and it seemed best to work them together that way.

Cheers for the advice Chris. I'm pretty sure I've managed to source all the parts I'm after to complete my build 😀 I was hoping for my Hotshot to be an all original build but alas I just couldn't find the last few parts so it will have to be an original with a few re re parts.

How have you been? Hope you had s great Christmas and the new year is treating you well so far

I'm doing okay these days, aside from a flare up with my back that is giving me fits.

You won't believe me, but I did just dig up a proper vintage Hotshot lower chassis radio tray out of my spares. It is a runner quality, but the best I can tell, not cracked up anywhere.

Shoot me an email and we can start to sort you out on what else you might need.

Chris