essexbill

Who are people buying and building?

Too many to list! I can't decide to build my Monster Beetle or Scorpion next. Still need warmer weather for a few bodies that need painting.

• Like 1

Just finishing off a Tomahawk build, that was a joy. Now tweaking my Blitzer Beetle for beach duties to spare the Tomahawk from that fate.

I've a handful of bodies to get painted once we get some warmer weather back: Ferrari 458, Skyline, Tundra, Unimog, Tomahawk.

Kit wise, I've a Racing Fighter inbound, and an Optima on order.

Racing fighter so I have two similar buggies for my partner's nephew and niece to race on the beach (not me and their father, honest :P )

Really looking forward to the chain drive in the optima, always nice to add something different to the stable B)

I am also rather liking the action videos of RC cars that were shot from quadcopter-mounted cameras, so I am also saving for a Latrax Alias quad and camera module.

XV, I'm so with you on this. I'd love to easily and automatically take race videos with a drone camera. I'm keeping my eye on this: Lily Cam. All the other auto-follow drone cameras I can find require a phone app, or really bulky wrist strapped device that wouldn't easily fit inside an R/C body. I think this little round jobber could be taped inside pretty well

• Like 1

Actually I tell a lie... I have been considering buying a Carson Forklift in the near future and also want to do a Bruder Skid Steer RC conversion :)

I'm keeping my eye on this: Lily Cam. All the other auto-follow drone cameras I can find require a phone app, or really bulky wrist strapped device that wouldn't easily fit inside an R/C body. I think this little round jobber could be taped inside pretty well

That is the coolest gadget I have seen in years! I want one... No let me correct myself, I NEED one!

Too many to list! I can't decide to build my Monster Beetle or Scorpion next. Still need warmer weather for a few bodies that need painting.

I'm with you on the warmer weather! I too have a few bodies to paint (scorcher,fighting buggy) I painted a ford ranger body last winter never give it a thought about damp cold weather, colour went on fab but OMG the gloss lacquer was a disaster! And now I'm officially old I can't really be bothered to do painting stuff in the winter!!
  • Like 1

Looks like everyone is building something different.

As for me hopefully going to take the chrome off my lunchbox and paint them black to match the wheels.

it has not been run for two years so test that it all works as it has moved from a warm home to what has become a damp shed via 2 warm sheds.

Then I am going to open my ebay capri tt02, and consider what to do with it..

This month I shall be mostly: Pre-ordering Kyosho re-res, as the Tomahawk & Optima have sparked that childish "I want, I want, I want" again :wub: Also have a cardboard box under the desk which is full of new bits from eBay & Tamico.de to make a complete Tamiya Boomerang... Then I will try not to smash them up at the IconicRC 'Revival 2016' event in July :wacko:

I'm building a Super Hotshot and a Novafox, -yeah I don't know either why I've decided to build two kits at once.

As for buying, hopefully not much, as february has landed me with a rere Egress, Avante black special, RC10 classic and a RC10 Worlds sitting on my shelf waiting to be built. + the Tomahawk steelo's wife made me order that still hasn't arrived. So the rere Optima is all I'm planning to buy this side of easter.

• Like 1

I was going to go Monster Beetle but after loads of good advice about the gear box on here not been suitable for brushless I have opted for a Beetle Blitzer to be my beach machine. :)

I will be getting it in a few weeks :)

• Like 1

Just purchased a Zahhak from Tamiya USA and preordered an optima. I need to slow down

I think most of us here are guilty of 'too many R/Cs' :rolleyes: External viewers to our hobby, or psychologists, would probably say we have an unhealthy addition, but what would they know ;)

compared to all the other horrors of modern society, I would say that "an Unhealthy Addiction" to R/C is nothing to worry about at all!

• Like 3

Freudian slip there, even in affirming the addiction he's thinking about additions!! ;)

I have an hour or two to go on my Fox build + paint which I now have, then decals.. I'll post some pics and add to my garage soon. I'm thinking of maybe saving the Wild One build for a later date though as work has slowed down to a crawl and that will be the last kit I can afford for some time. Plus most of the kits I already have need some attention. The weather here is slowly cooling down so I'm looking forward to running them more often.

Right now I'm finishing up my Associated SC10 to buggy conversion (with a buggy body and paint/custom decals to match my childhood toy, a Nikko Turbo Aero).

Then the big fun project: start copying the OOP bodies I've collected over the last few years. Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes CLK GTR, and maybe just maybe the Lancia 037 Rally (different process in mind). Also I have a Parma Jaguar XJR-15 and HPI Lamborghini Countach to copy.

After the Lancia is done, I'll finally build the TA02SW kit for it. Speaking of which has anyone successfully done that? I laid the 037 on my shortened TA05 and it's way too wide in front.