jupitertwo

Blitzer Beetle axle extension

I've made a bit of an error with a recent purchase, some Sand Paw wheels for my Blitzer Beetle. I forgot to check the offset (it wasn't clearly stated, so I assumed a neutral one), and it's turned out to be negative.

Is there such a thing as axle extensions for Blitzer Beetles? I'm already two sets of sand tires in, after deciding the 2.2s looked too puny :lol:

How much longer do the wheel axle have to be?

If just a few millimeter, you can use "TG10 Long Wheel Axles", Tamiya item number 50808. You will also need thicker hex wheel hubs. They are included with several models, so if you don't have any left over, which part number to buy will depend on which other models you have, so you can use the other parts included.

Even longer wheel axles are included in the rear of the WR-02C Chassis, part number 19804870. They will need the same thicker hex wheel hubs, but also two spacers. They are on the K-parts three of the WR-02C, part number 19115426, but they can easily be made by cutting whatever tubing with 5mm inner diameter you may have.

Thanks folks :)

@Mokei - I think I might need more than a few mm :ph34r:

IMG_2683.jpg

@Frog Jumper - those are for fronts, sadly I need the 12mm hex fitting for the rear drive

to add some more context, this was my first paddle attempt:

IMG_2688.jpg

and then this is the second attempt, with the incompatible offset:

IMG_2687.jpg

The Junfac 19mm spacers should do the trick I think, they seem to attach to the existing axle and then have a barrel nut to attach the wheel to the spacer.

Just need to find some in stock

• Like 1

Does the silver can turn those beasties on sand?

May I suggest a 4600kv brushless and 3s li-po? :D:lol: Or I am sure someone said the silver can runs on 6s really well.

And sand goggles for everyone within 100ft. B)

Heh, I doubt it, but I've a selection of motors brushed and brushless to find out with. I haven't run the dirt tuned that's in it with them on yet.

The Junfac/Gmade ones work well but you will need some threw lock on the barrel nut as they can come loose and you've no chance finding one in the sand. Alternatively some contact adhesive (evostick in uk) or a layer of plumbers ptfe tape could also be used for some additional security.

IMG_1290.jpg

Lexan shell, Sports tuned motor with 13t steel

Pinion and a Lipo battery. This thing would just rip away.

Even more mental with a 9t EzRun brushless.