Vrdetailing

Bargain Waterproof system

I found the punch settings don't feel much different (at least on the EZRUN systems) but the brake settings and the drag brake are really good.

It's almost like having ABS !!., really useful on 2WD models.

I've been umming and ahhhing over the sale for the last 24 hours. I need a couple of servos and those brushless systems are hard to ignore at that value.

Trouble is, payday isn't for another 2 days and the money in my PayPal account belongs to my mum! Hmmm...

I didn't need or indeed want the brushless system but figured at some point it would get used so succumbed and ordered this morning lol!

EDIT 24/2/16

looking at the list of cars i have, either built or in the queue, I can't see anything that this 4000kV is really suitable for ! The Mad Bull is probably the only kit I could put this in, and that was destined to be a Sport Tuned. I guess the bull just got madder :lol: Or ~I'll just have to keep an eye on Tamico for a super deal on something else :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was the same percymon. I had no intention of buying anything yesterday but have wanted to go brushless for a while and it was so cheap I went for it. You'll probably get it tomorrow.

Not sure if I have been a help or made people spend lol..

Going to go work out the LED placement in my Harley Dual Edge and have a play..

Also need to decide the next car for the Black and orange treatment.

I think a Honda City Turbo with the servo and brushless just purchased..

I was so excited I ordered the high speed rather than high torque servo

I would also like to try fitting rally style wheels to the wheeler and converting to hex..

Wheels and adaptors are cheap enough and will fit something else if not for sure

The city turbo wheels measure wider then the rally ones I have seen so far

I found the punch settings don't feel much different (at least on the EZRUN systems) but the brake settings and the drag brake are really good.

It's almost like having ABS !!., really useful on 2WD models.

On this one they make a big difference .. Especially on wheelie models.. In stock setting the speed ramps rather than going full out off the line.

That's the one .. As I say only my wheelie gfo2 really benefited from it .. I ran for ages with stock setup. And some I left stock

You don't want a system going full tilt on the more fragile gearboxes or running aluminium pinions 😁

I would see how you go .. I could always lend you Steves without telling him lol

I used to always order from HK 3 to 4 week delivery

• Like 1

Lol yeah lend me steves :lol: .

I'll wait and see how I get on with it first then order from the UK one.

If you have not had a brushless before they can seam odd.. The motors magnets engage the coils with a jerking feeling when turned .. This is normal

Also some gearboxes make a cogging noise when pushed along and also at low speed sometimes..

They work totally different to brushed and are actually 3 phase motors..

I just put a back order in for the card, it'll come in stock at some point and the more the demand the quicker the restock (hopefully!)

The card will no doubt arrive before I find a model to use the combo in

If they are similar to the ezrun systems, you can actually program them without a card - you use the button on the ESC. It's a bit fiddly, but it's possible...

• Like 1

Two on order. One to go in the DT-03 that someone conned me in to buying with another "great buy" thread....

Ordered 2..."thanks" for the hint. They're heading for my Agrios build, once I manage to finish up my WT-01...

when using two of these like in my dual hunter you must connect all 3 of the servo wires together.. I done Just the Signal and it behaved rather odd

893693ae5a3d1c83c24fa609818c88d8.jpg

https://youtu.be/JKp1VXGJ77k

This is the lesser 3250kv system

• Like 1

That's the one .. As I say only my wheelie gfo2 really benefited from it .. I ran for ages with stock setup. And some I left stock

You don't want a system going full tilt on the more fragile gearboxes or running aluminium pinions 😁

I would see how you go .. I could always lend you Steves without telling him lol

I used to always order from HK 3 to 4 week delivery

It's a but late for that your game is up. 😁 If my card is so valuable I should start renting it to you. 😁 😁 😁

If they are similar to the ezrun systems, you can actually program them without a card - you use the button on the ESC. It's a bit fiddly, but it's possible...

With the hobbyking systems you need the programing card to adjust the esc settings. It can't be done from the push button on the on/off switch.

Has anyone tried their new purchase out? I bought a pair of these combos, and they both seem to have dead ESCs. No beeping, no lights, no response from the set button

I'm hoping this is me missing a trick rather than being unlucky

Has anyone tried their new purchase out? I bought a pair of these combos, and they both seem to have dead ESCs. No beeping, no lights, no response from the set button

I'm hoping this is me missing a trick rather than being unlucky

If you don't have it plugged into a receiver you get no lights. That would be real bad luck especially 2 of them.. Does the fan spin..

If you don't have it plugged into a receiver you get no lights. That would be real bad luck especially 2 of them.. Does the fan spin..

Yep, it's plugged in to the receiver, which gets power. The steering servo works fine. Fan spins up, just no signs of life from the ESC itself. A different ESC works fine with the same kit

I got one of these combos after the great tip off; installed and working as intended (although it took a few runs to determine I was actually running reverse as forward!)

Sorry I can't offer any further advice about your non functioning ESCs, except perhaps try the ESCs themselves in a different car with different reciever/servo set-up as a very long shot.

I better check mine

me too !

Arrrgh - means i'm 'trying' to solder tonight :(