Sign in to follow this  
Theibault

Theibault's Axial Yeti Score Trophy Truck Thread

Ok, so I'm going to do a thread for my Yeti Score truck. I plan on updating as I go. Plenty of videos and pics to come. I'll start it off with my video unboxing.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice piece of kit. When you mention trophy trucks the first thing people think of is the traxxas slash so it will be interesting to see how this performs and what you think of it. I looked at a review of a few trophy trucks on big squid and Aarma seem to be the new benchmark.

I wish tamiya did a trophy truck. I think their attempt was a nissan titan which is based on the dt02 buggy chassis so I don't think it will live up to this axial version. I think this a great class of rc and tamiya are missing out on the action.

Looking forward to part 2, the running vid. :)

• Like 1

Took the Yeti Score for it's first run. What a fun truck. I was running it stock on 2s. The truck has plenty of power but box stock, it's down on speed. A simple pinion change will help. The suspension works well. Out of the box, I felt the rear to be a tad soft on the compression stroke. I will be playing around with that as well as the rear arm locations. Overall, very fun first run. I didn't take it easy either and the truck rolled away with just a few scratches. Everything else held together well and nothing broke. Enjoy the video!

• Like 1

Took the Score out to see how it jumps. Stock set up, running 2s. I was very pleased. Typical nose down tendency for this type of truck, but it ran great!

• Like 1

Uploaded a 3s run video. You can see it on my YouTube by clicking one of the videos above and going to my channel (the song I used has an expletive in it so I didn't want to embed it here). I also had my first break. I broke the front bumper. Surprised it took this long to break something. More to come very soon!