Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

Wider rear axle stubs for King Blackfoot?

OK, so I might have accidentally bought another King Blackfoot. I have HPI Super Star MT rims that I want to fit front and rear. The fronts fit fine with the HPI adapters but the rear won't fit as the stub axle isn't long enough.

The wheel fits over the standard hex OK, the metal spacer fits over the stub, but there's not enough thread for me to get the nut on all the way to the nylock. I could probably fit a super narrow hex but I doubt I'd get enough thread. The wheel has a bit metal cone washer that also takes up a chunk of thread, but without it the wheel doesn't center properly as the hole in the middle of the wheel is way too large for the axle.

Is there an axle with a longer thread that will fit in the King Blackfoot?

I'm absolutely sure I had these exact same wheels on my last King Blackfoot without this problem.

:)

Would a set of barrel nuts from a set of hex extensions work?

Either that or I f your Blackfoot uses normal dog bones then the TG10 wider out drives should give you enough thread on your hubs to work. (Part number 50808)

• Like 1

Interesting - FJ, your wheels look identical to mine but I can see yours fit OK! I'm pretty sure I never had this issue on my old KBF either, with the same wheels.

My KBF came to me as previously restored, perhaps it doesn't have standard axles or perhaps the hexes are a little wider.

I have temporarily fitted a set of Junfac hex extensions but they've pushed the wheels out too far for my liking. I might try just the barrel nuts over the normal hexes - possibly I'll have to cut the barrels down a little as they're quite long. Will experiment this weekend.

I guess I'll have to get busy with the threadlock - I used the Junfac extensions on my Blackfoot Extreme years ago and used to lose them all the time.