Sign in to follow this  
Novastar

ESC Recommendation 15 turn brushed motor

At the risk of sounding somewhat novice I need a recommendation for a new ESC to suit my Blazing Star. It has a brushed Dynamite 15 turn motor and the usual TEU 101bk ESC I fit my kits with keeps overheating and shutting down. I am unfamiliar with lower turn motors, most of my kits have the Tamiya Sport Tuned motor so no probs with the 101bk ESC. I have an old style receiver so hopefully the new ESC will be compatible.

The standard recommendation is the Quicrun 1060, but I have also had excellent service from the Mtroniks RV12 (or RV12 Assault if you want to run LiPo).

Both have built-in BECs which ought to work with both old and new radio gear.

• Like 1

I’ve had good luck with the Arrma brushed ESC, it handles down to a 12T 550 motor and is pretty cheap (around $30 USD). It also has a lipo cutoff. I’ve also used a hobbyking ESC with my 20T motor with no thermaling issues. It is very basic but it does have a lipo cutoff function and works just fine for a $8 ESC.

Another vote for the quicrun 1060. You can go down to a 12t motor, its able to run nimh and lipo batteries, plus it's waterproof. On top of all this its very inexpensive. B)

The guys here recommended the quid run 1060 to me also and I've used it about 10 times now with a reedy 17t motor with no issues at all. I ordered another to go with my Zahhak that's on its way. For $20 you can't beat it.

Thanks for your input guys, I will most likely go with the QuicRun 1060 but its good to know of some other options too.

I am looking at getting a quicrun 1060 and wondered where uk buyers get them from? I have seen numerous sellers on fleabay, are they genuine ones?

Thanks

I am looking at getting a quicrun 1060 and wondered where uk buyers get them from? I have seen numerous sellers on fleabay, are they genuine ones?

Thanks

Hi I've bought the quicrun 1060's from HK (£12-£15 deliverd) and from Modelsport (around £23.50 delivrred). They are freaking awesome for their money and I've run HPI Firebolt 15 turn brushed motors on both NiMH and 2S lipos with no issues.

Steve.