Sign in to follow this  
tagnut69

midnight pumpkin body mounts

Are there any other options for midnight pumpkin body mounts apart from buying the whole tree, 3d printed perhaps

Are there any other options for midnight pumpkin body mounts apart from buying the whole tree, 3d printed perhaps

You know what, these are just the worst design ever. I have been meaning to make some to print out as the ones on my truck have been gone since the 1990's. That's it. I'll make some.

• Like 1

You know what, these are just the worst design ever. I have been meaning to make some to print out as the ones on my truck have been gone since the 1990's. That's it. I'll make some.

Yes!!!!

I have 3 Tamiya mounts not needed

sven

Aluminium ones are regularly on eBay but I've heard people say that instead of the mounts breaking you can end up with a cracked body shell instead!

There was a thread a while ago where a guy had put some soft metal L brackets onto the chassis I think and fixed the body mounts to them, this allows just a little flex on impact and he said it'd solved the problem for him....

• Like 1

Aluminium ones are regularly on eBay but I've heard people say that instead of the mounts breaking you can end up with a cracked body shell instead!

There was a thread a while ago where a guy had put some soft metal L brackets onto the chassis I think and fixed the body mounts to them, this allows just a little flex on impact and he said it'd solved the problem for him....

Yeah you need give somewhere. I haven't seen them in a while but that l bracket idea is similar to what I did on mine years ago. Worked like a champ!

Printed! The diameter of the mounts is larger than stock for my MP shells. The ones I will make are normal size. I will be moving the pin for the rear mount up 1mm for better body clearance as well as allowing you to add a washer to the bed for better support. I can't wait to try these out!

25668421682_8588b66506_z.jpg

• Like 4

I installed the mounts last night and the went in like a charm. Issue is, my bodies are modified and I cannot test the stock diameter mounts. I have a friend trying some out. In the mean time, here they are installed:

25776381736_787114e05b_z.jpg

Little holes on the support allow you to not lose your body pins.

25691077482_45eddfe4f3_z.jpg

Rear mounts (modified for my shells)

25172010224_04bd903c95_z.jpg

Front mount:

25707260961_87f37757e4_z.jpg

As soon as the stock ones are tested i'll let you folks know.

So bad news, my friend does not have a MP. Who here as an MP with good body mounts and a good digital camera that will take photos and test fit the mounts? It would be nice if you were in the USA since shipping would be next to nothing. Let me know

I have an Midnight pumpkin with good mounts. we can meet up so you can have a look at them.

I have an Midnight pumpkin with good mounts. we can meet up so you can have a look at them.

Perfect.

Body mounts have been tested (thanks shodog!) and the production versions have arrived! They look great but more importantly, they work perfect. They are on my shapeways page now. I will make a thread to organize all the CW01 upgrades. Thanks for the idea Tagnut69!

26243061501_213b8dd50a_z.jpg

Body mounts have been tested (thanks shodog!) and the production versions have arrived! They look great but more importantly, they work perfect. They are on my shapeways page now. I will make a thread to organize all the CW01 upgrades. Thanks for the idea Tagnut69!

26243061501_213b8dd50a_z.jpg

no thank you, you done the hard work i mearly posted a thought.

Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but I realised at the weekend that the Lowride Pumpkin kit includes the 4 standard Midnight Pumpkin body mounts but they're not used in the build.  So anyone wanting new MP mounts needs to chat up a LP owner. ^_^

the mounts that come in the LR pumpkin don't have all the holes drilled for the body pins, was going to use them when I got my metallic pumpkin, that's when I noticed the lack of holes, wasn't about to attempt to drill the holes, so just used the ones that came in the metallic kit

5 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

the mounts that come in the LR pumpkin don't have all the holes drilled for the body pins

Hmm, didn't notice that, fair enough.

Appreciate this is an old thread but for anyone google searching like I was, thought I'd add my solution into the brain bank!

I've gone with Aluminium Body Mounts (The @Pintopower mounts look great but postage to the UK was long and expensive!).  But to protect the chassis from breaking I've fitted the alloy body mounts using M2.5 Nylon Nuts and bolts.  They hold the mounts on tight for normal driving but if you take a really big spill little nylon nuts will slip over the threads on the bolts and give or come away.