Sign in to follow this  
Fried Tyres

Upper and Lower Mounts Hi-Caps

Hi,

I'm after a set of upper and lower mounts to suit a set of Hi-Caps. The parts I'm after can be seen here in the pic. I need the dark shaded mounts for the top marked "bushing base" and "rubber bushing" and the dark shaded mounts for the bottom marked "damper mount (long)". I need 4 of each part to finish a project, but I'd really like to get 8 so I can start another project.

IMG_3913_zpsedkodc2j.jpg

I'm willing to buy any spares people have or I'd appreciate advice on what screw bag these came in so I might be able to locate some on eBay or something. Thanks.

Chris.

Oh, and if anyone has a complete pair of short and complete pair of mini Hi-Caps available I'd consider buying them. Even just 3 or 4 shorts would get me out of trouble now.

Chris.

Are you sure the damper mount long ( bottom one's ) are rubber ? I'm sure they maybe brass .

The same one's on the super sabre , TA02 and a few others .

Yes they're brass. Maybe I worded my post poorly.

Thanks for the heads up on the models they're common with too! I'll try looking around on eBay to find a bag of them. Unless someone here as spares...

Chris.

Yes they're brass. Maybe I worded my post poorly.

Thanks for the heads up on the models they're common with too! I'll try looking around on eBay to find a bag of them. Unless someone here as spares...

Chris.

How meany you need ?.

Your biggest challenge is the upper mounting base - the rubber bushings can be replicated with the larger o rings used to secure the wing mirrors on some models.

How meany you need ?.

I need 4 to complete a build, but I'd be willing to buy 8 if someone had that many spare.

Chris.

You can get some of the parts from an Egress rerelease which are correct. 9804552 Bushing Base, 9805385 Rubber bushing

The long brass damper mounts are a little more difficult to locate. The ones included in a few models are the short mounts 3455176 but you are after the long ones. You could just use the short mount plus a spacer.

I just checked my hardware cabinet and I have loads of short mounts but could only find one long. So not sure what model they came from. Perhaps they came with the Hi Caps 53036 and 53037.

Ah, Top Force (orig and rere) had the long damper mounts but in an alloy/silver metal rather than brass. I don't have the individual part number but they came in the ball connector bag 9405709

Thanks Thetamiyakid , I just looked & there are longer one's ( as i didn't know that ) .

So fried tyres , these maybe even harder to get , than the one's i was hunting down of years . To find they were

on TA02 , super sabre , 959 etc ( as i needed them for Hotshot 2 ) .

They are in hi caps 53037 as i have a NIP set & they have both long & short brass bushs .

2f7eaff04a40afa697457ea6eb9c2084_zpspd2j

I have a few of the lower mounts if needed.

2 confirmed and i think there are 2 more somewhere

HAHA , & this is where i got my short bushes from Fried Tyres . Gee chickenman242tk what don't you have M8 ?

Sign in to follow this