chickenman242tk

'shot chassis wheels...

I have recently aquired a fire dragon which may end up being built up to be a terra scorcher.

Not really wanting to use the original wheels due to the obscure size tires , what is a period hop up wheel for it?

Im thinking star dish which is easy to locate but i think the shot came before the star dish.

I've used the white lightweight wheels and hybrid spike tyres on my terra scorcher, figured that the vanquish and egress were around the same time as the 'shot series so why not ? ;)

that was also my thoughts , I have a set of rere egress wheels and tire around here somewhere lol.

also thinking about using a set of speed disc wheels from a madcap but I want to run a narrow front wheel , this is going to be a runner but I want it to look some what period correct

I've run my thundershot on grass with hybrid spikes and lightweight wheels, and it grip rolls like crazy. Perhaps my suspension setup is all wrong but it rolled very easily.

Another period hopup to consider is hotshot wheels and oval block or pin spike tires. These pre date the thundershot, and I fitted a set on mine back when I bought a new original as a kid. You can fit hotshot rear tires on the front if you want to maintain the original thundershot look, but I would stick with the narrow ones.

Agreed. There seem to be many available at the moment so you could stock up with a few pairs fairly cheaply. The only official Tamiya hop-up wheels for the Thundershot chassis (besides the gold Thundershot wheel) were the Hot Shot wheels, with the narrow ones on the front. My Fire Dragon box is saying the pin spike tyres are the correct ones if you went for these wheels, but I've also read a list of available parts from Tamiya that included the oval block tyres as an option too.

As it happens I have a few sets of these wheels and tyres coming for some of my Thundershot chassis so I'll be interested to see how they go.

Chris.

The hotshot wheels are a direct fit?

Least if i go to those wheels i can use a std size tire , possibly use a set of pin spikes.

I need to buy a set if thundershot tires already for another build so maybe if the wheels are in decent nickni may just buy 2 sets

• Like 1

The hotshot wheels are a direct fit?

Least if i go to those wheels i can use a std size tire , possibly use a set of pin spikes.

I need to buy a set if thundershot tires already for another build so maybe if the wheels are in decent nickni may just buy 2 sets

that's my vote! there aren't that many signature differences between the thunder- and hot- shot variants... why not hold onto them? as others said, tires are cheap right now from japanese sellers in particular.