Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

TT-02 High Speed Gear Set

Hi all I'm converting my TT-02D into a type R, I have the high speed gear set ray to install and was wondering what would be the ideal tooth pinion to use with it. I'm planning on using a HPI Firebolt 15 turn brushed motor.

Also besides the high speed gear set is there anything else I should consider when it comes to the gearing?

Cheers Steve.

I would also get the Yeah Racing motor mount so you can mount any spur and pinion size and pitch.

Total gearing always depends on the manual of your motor. As a suggestion, i woudn't go higher than a 5,0:1 total gearing. This would be around a 29pinion, if i'm correct. That's also how we drive at Tamiya Eurocup Stock class.

Hope this helps

Total gearing always depends on the manual of your motor. As a suggestion, i woudn't go higher than a 5,0:1 total gearing. This would be around a 29pinion, if i'm correct. That's also how we drive at Tamiya Eurocup Stock class.

Hope this helps

Hi the TT-02D has a 22 tooth pinion and I just had a look at the TT-02R manual and it shows a 27 tooth pinion as standard. I know this may seem a stupid question but apart from fitting the high speed gear set and changing the pinion gear is there anything else that needs to be changed.

Steve.

Nothing that needs to be changed apart from that, but also check if the ESC you're using can handle all this (Motor Turns, Gearing)

Nothing that needs to be changed apart from that, but also check if the ESC you're using can handle all this (Motor Turns, Gearing)

Hi I'm using a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 esc in conjunction with 2S lipos.