On June 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM, kontemax said:

Next country... Italy I hope.

Purtroppo Max,. Much of what you wrote is happening here in the US as well. 

• Like 1

Max,

i read your piece and it's an eye opener, especially for me who has grown up in the US. I would add this, it's not just the US, it's a faction of political elite in the EU, US, UN and NATO.

I won't be able to articulate as well as you have Max, but In the past 8 years a lot has changed under our current president. 

The feeling I have in the US is that our sovereignty is being handed over the the UN.  He has also laid down much framework for us to replicate the EU. He wants to create open borders here as well. 50% of the public is open to the idea thinking its the humane thing to do. They do not see that their own lively hood will be threatened. They don't understand that they will be out of jobs, taxes will need to be raised to pay for these people which will hit their savings.

They have successfully distracted the voters by politicising non important issues such as who can use what bathroom.  Women are lead to believe there is a war against them, African Americans think the police is against them. 

In the meantime, they past the TARP and no one knows what's in it, much like obamacare. 

I always have had a deep love for both England and Italy. England gave me a home and taught me English after we left Iran in 1979. Italy has provided me with fond memories since I was little and learning and speaking your language helped launch my current career which has spanned 16 years.

There is much in the world that is worrisome, I do hope that somehow we manage to stop the elitist. Their ultimate goal is to make us their slaves. 

13 hours ago, Raman36 said:

The feeling we have in the US is that our sovereignty is being handed over the the UN.  He has also laid down much framework for us to replicate the EU. He wants to create open borders here as well. 50% of the public is open to the idea thinking its the humane thing to do. They do not see that their own lively hood will be threatened. They don't understand that they will be out of jobs, taxes will need to be raised to pay for these people which will hit their savings.

Don't use "we".  Not every American shares your opinion...  

Terry

The situation about the USA is really delicate and I never would like to offend the members here from USA.

As I said I spoke about the governments and not about the populations.

For sure the national governments are under attack by the multinational companies and corporations. This happen in USA and in UE. The final target is to have a world where there are no more borders, with totally freedom to trade everything everywhere, no matter if this will destroy the freedom of the populations and the citizens. This is the globalization, babe.
I strongly believe that the national states are a rampart against the power of the corporations because the national states own the currency, own the control of the borders, own the central bank, own the democracy and their governments are elected by the peolple.

But at the corporations don't like the democracy.

With this historical referendum the Great Britain demonstrates that the national entity, with the democratic vote of the population, can be stronger than the corporations.

Max

For everyone saying that they buy from the far east and so there will be no change, sorry but that's just not correct.  Same for the US.  Our current deals with the US and China are based not on us but on the EU.  If we leave the EU we will no longer have any trade deals with anyone until we negotiate our own.  

For everyone saying 'we're alright, we're the fifth largest economy in the world, so far as trade deals go, this is deeply misleading.  Yes, we will still be number 5 following Brexit, but this misses the size differentials.  China, US and the EU (even without us) are many times bigger than us, and they are the key markets at the minute.  We're also a stagnating economy comparatively speaking - we stand to gain far more from access to developing economies than they stand to gain by access to us.  In short, I think we will struggle to get good trade deals anywhere that matters.  So people importing from the US and China might be affected.

EU imports will obviously not be VAT free (to you, obviously VAT will be paid somewhere, just not specifically by you) any more unless we remain in a customs union (which would be silly and possibly unworkable).  Small consignment relief (basically total cost plus postage of less than £15 or so) probably won't change.

Interestingly, a lot of Far East have a trading outpost in Netherlands so that they can sell within the EU at their reduced prices without triggering VAT administration charges for their customers.  This won't work any more.