GreatDane

Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS Euro Racing

Recommended Posts

Still no Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS Euro Racing Truck in sight.

Does anyone happens to know the wheelsize on the MAN TGS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also curious about the wheels and tyres, that manual hasn't really helped though! 

It shows the same part number (51588) for the wheels (x4) and the tyres (x2) which is odd. Perhaps a typo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting...  I was half-expecting this to be some kind of hoax!

Will be interesting to see if there's a resurgence of interest in truck racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it wrong that my thought process was how cool it would look once the truck has had some damage - seeing as the bumper and cab are separate pieces it could look rather realistic!

Looks a bit fiddly attaching the front body pins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the biggest surprises to me is this kit is released on a TT01E chassis, not a TT02.  I thought the TT02 replaced the TT01E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this conversation at my race club last week, nobody could explain it.

Did the TT01E have different wheelbase options to the TT02?  Maybe the truck wheelbase worked better on the E.  Also may be something to do with the offset of those wheels not fitting over the 02 hubs?  This is pure guesswork, I don't have both side-by-side to compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the one benefit of getting a TT01E chassis is the internal diff gears will be metal instead of plastic, but the center prop shaft will need to be upgraded to eliminate chatter with hotter motors.

The body set instructions do say the body can be used with either TT01 or TT02 chassis.  I can't find any info on the tires and wheels other than what looks like a new part number, 51588.

I'm looking forward to this release.  Tamiya found a way get some of my money with the Grand Hauler, Heavy Dump Truck, and now this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tire OD is 70mm courtesy Rcmart. I think Tamiya should release this truck, and info that follows, asap :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modelsport link above says it's due 15th June... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hobby Company have down as been delivered to them, on the 5th June. I expect to have them around 8th June.

Antony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to play Super Trucks Racing on the Playstation 2 years ago, but I don't think I have the game anymore...

16397_front.jpg

A little video showing what the racing series is like...  This model should be fun if a few people get together and race each other in the street or on a track...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12 April 2016 at 8:29 PM, GreatDane said:

Still no Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS Euro Racing Truck in sight.

Does anyone happens to know the wheelsize on the MAN TGS?

 

 

Here's one :-) I used the Castrol paint scheme instead and also change the racing number from 3 to 1 :-)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=129321&id=9264

P1040688_zpstgodfbuk.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 0:30 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

I used to play Super Trucks Racing on the Playstation 2 years ago, but I don't think I have the game anymore...

16397_front.jpg

A little video showing what the racing series is like...  This model should be fun if a few people get together and race each other in the street or on a track...

 

I loved that game dearly :,)

Alas, a racing truck would not be a good fit in my fleet, so for now I will pass... you know, until I justify it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26. april 2016 at 10:13 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

I was also curious about the wheels and tyres, that manual hasn't really helped though! 

It shows the same part number (51588) for the wheels (x4) and the tyres (x2) which is odd. Perhaps a typo?

Finally, I got my hands on a set of tires and can now inform you guys that the Team Hahn Racing Truck tyre fit M-chassis wheels perfectly.

Bonus info: Some time ago, I did have an Tamiya Tam-Tech Hornet buggy and fitted the buggy with M-chassis rear tires, thus the Truck tyre does also fit Tam-Tech rear wheels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another bonus to this truck, is that the box is printed "Racing Truck" and the Team Hahn Man is just a sticker on the box, which implies Tamiya will be making more liveries for this truck, or even better, more truck variants! :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost bought one...until I discovered that the rear axles just uses two wheels instead of four !! Also it's 4WD !....so it's not so realistic...to me !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17 August 2016 at 11:41 PM, steponit! said:

Almost bought one...until I discovered that the rear axles just uses two wheels instead of four !! Also it's 4WD !....so it's not so realistic...to me !!

 

LOL?!!....if you want realistic - then Tamiya has got them already!

-> can install lights, sound, engine vibration - Comes with 3 speeds!

.. plus you can paint the racing scheme with the decals from the Team Hahn Racing MAN 

238050_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2016 at 6:51 AM, pininfarina said:

 

LOL?!!....if you want realistic - then Tamiya has got them already!

-> can install lights, sound, engine vibration - Comes with 3 speeds!

.. plus you can paint the racing scheme with the decals from the Team Hahn Racing MAN 

238050_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Yeah, I know...and I would buy one - just like the one above - but I'm short on dough !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now