speedy_w_beans

TA07 PRO Coming?

4 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Interesting that the ESC on that Pro is not a stock Tamiya plug though. Maybe they might actually introduce a next gen esc with deans compatible connector! At least their shroud looks like it would make disconnecting easier. The deans plugs have very little to grip really as my only bug bear.

Get the Hobbyking XT T connectors, a lot easier for guys like me with sausage fingers.

Oh wow I like the exposed battery compartment, great for T boning your competition into a ball of LiPo fire.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the similarities between the new TA07 and the older Losi XXX-S, at least as far as the single serpentine belt is concerned.

Another great thread popped up this morning about the XXX-S, and John Stranahan posted some great comments about the single belt:  http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/339861-losi-xxx-s-tips-tricks-open-mod-etc.html

"The serpentine belt is super in most uses and not so good for high traction stock. What I found is that on outdoor stock on a low grip track that the belt would billow out from the pulleys and friction was less than dual belt cars. I could pass on the sweeper. On a high grip indoor track the traction bound the belt tightly to the pulleys and you were ½ lap behind the TC3s. I had both. On outdoor mod the belt is just beautiful as the long belt cushions the driveline from the grunt of the motor and applies smooth power to the tires. Improvements have been made for stock by using a more supple belt and by trimming teeth on the belt to every other tooth."

"The belt tended to skip teeth on brakes. On my road course now with brakes at 45% and the HD long belt, I don’t get this. That is sweet. There seems to be enough brakes at this level. At 60 percent you get the horrible sounding but harmless teeth skipping noise."

I can't predict how the TA07 will behave, but given the similar single belt design it doesn't hurt to be aware of all the knowledge accumulated for a comparable car.  The TA07 could be a lot of fun to experiment with.

Sorry if I'm being dense, or if I've overlooked it stated elsewhere but what side body fits this chassis?

I have one of these on my wanted list. it looks great and i love the fact you can choose different mounting points for the motor. 

Don't let the motor position thing get you too excited.  In reality you'll probably never move the motor from the "kit" rear position.  Car has tons of steering and moving the motor forward makes it hyper-sensitive.

On 12/05/2016 at 10:12 AM, berman said:

Get the Hobbyking XT T connectors, a lot easier for guys like me with sausage fingers.

Oh wow I like the exposed battery compartment, great for T boning your competition into a ball of LiPo fire.

Battery is actually a lot more protected by the exoskeleton cage than on a regular touring car.  Let's be honest on something like a TRF419 the battery overhangs the chassis so the battery case is the side protection.