Johan

MF01-x Toyota FJ40

The MF01-X turns out to be a very nice chassis. It is super versatile, all these different wheelbases that are possible. As you all might know I love short wheelbased vehilcles, the WR02 is my all time favorite.

So I tried the Wild Willy body on the MF01, but it just didn't sit right. So.. as I have put a WW body on my GF01, i had the FJ40 pick-up body lying arround. The wheelbase of that is a bit shorter than the standard MF01 short wheelbase setup, but just shortening a driveshaft is enough to make a shorter than short wheelbased MF01. The fill blocks are easily removed....

So this is what you get when finished..

• Like 3

Great Work !! This is soo much better than sitting on this GF-01 chassis. Really love your work here. And great video,too. Bet this little fellow is fun to ride :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Great proportions! - Tamiya should consider this as an official model!

I was considering chopping around a TL chassis to fit my Brat body (I want to make it a proper 4WD) but this chassis with the right combination of spacers might also be a good option too?

I'm interested where you mounted the battery - I see from the video it's not in the usual place...

Great work as ever!

Jenny x

@ Jenny,

the chassis without spacers has a wheelbase of 170 mm. Spacers that come with the kit are 15mm, 30mm and 40mm. The brat body isjust under 10" right.. so 2 40mm spacers would be the closest match.. would be interresting to see how it fits.. :D

300058629_Bauanleitung_MF-01X-11_zpsf6at

I only used one spacer on my City Turbo so if you want the other two to make different combinations let me know. I am suprised more have not been made of this chassis yet

Very cool.

So do we think that the MF01-x chassis is like the one stop for tamiya cars????? Could be :D

• Like 1

170 mm + 15 mm spacer + 30 mm spacer... Sounds like I need to pick one of these up!

The FJ-40 shell on top of it looks ace, too!