Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

Is this too cheap?

It's from Hong Kong hence the price I guess, I just ordered three of these from Modelsport at £18 each lol!!

Good spot, worth ordering at that price even if you have to wait a bit longer. Effectively you can get three for the price of two over here.

I bought one 24th Feb, arrived mid March - seems to be genuine

and i need another one, so there's only three left now.

• Like 1

Cheers guys worth a try then I think. I have recently been running quite a few models on 3s and even with stock silver can I have found it offers plenty of power without upgrading the motor. Always nice as who doesn't have plenty of silver cans lying around. Refreshed my love for brushed motors again. 😆

Got one. I like that it is 3s compatible, has lipo cut off and Bec built in. Should make for a tidier installation with plenty of flexibility.

Quicrun 1060, silvercan and 3s for the win, once they get tired just throw the silvercan out and grab another from the never used stash, most of us have a large pile of untouched stockers

• Like 2

Don't think there is an awful lot of programming options in them

No, it is just the jumper pins for F/B or F/B/R and ni mih / lipo iirc

Hi ya'll..haven't been here in a bit, I do boats and airplanes also, and have immersed myself back into RC boating, as the FAA has given a lot of US aviation modellers a bellyache, me included. I use the 1060 for my brushed boats. I can tell you from personal experience, they are good units, waterproof, reliable, and very user friendly. I bought mine on Amazon for around 23.00 apiece, and I'm quite pleased.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phiber_optik said:

I am guessing this esc will work perfectly fine with the likes of a 55 turn motor in a CC01?

It will but also consider that the ESC is not a dedicated rock crawling ESC - it may not hold the truck still on a downslope for instance, and the BEC current won't be enough for powering a high torque servo with the wheels stuck in rocks.   But for a woodland walk trial with small tree roots / twigs and leaves it will work fine.

It does hold quite well in one of the modes I think. remove the jumper, whichever one that is.

No good for high speed running in that mode, my WR-01 just barrel rolled forward when I tried it

20160514_192934_zpsv5al1bq5.jpg

Ran this in my High lift Tundra almost lost the whole truck. Guessing a bad wore connection. I have 4 others no issue. Just a heads up