Babble

Sand scorcher wheel arches, dashboard, brushless kit

I though i'd share with you my printed wheel arches curently on Shapeways. I've sold a few sets now, and people are really happy with them. There is also my brushless fitting kit, of which i have sold a lot now.

If you look under my 'creations' tab, you will also see my dashboard project that is near completion. I have two versions, one with metal detailing around the dials, one with plastic. The metal is more expensive, and a bit chunkier. The shapeways 'stainless steel' metal colour is not as chrome like as i'd hoped. I'm starting to think the plastic parts painted silver will be better - what do you think?

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/scorched_parts/creations

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Good skills. More and more printing on here everyday

I'm sure they could be made to fit.

Looking good though, can they only be purchased through Shapeways? What exactly is the dealio with them? Someone comes up with an idea and they make them? The products always look great but shipping is always so expensive.

Is the Blitzer Beetle not the same shell as a re-re, give or take? Looks like they might fit fine. I could even do them in red!

I upload my designs to shapeways for them to print, and I can then choose to also sell them directly from Shapeways. Shapeways postage is expensive for us in euroland (not so in the US). I tend to buy 4 of 5 sets together with other orders to vastly reduce this cost. I sometimes list them on ebay - user Babble53 if you keep your eye out. The Shapeways listed price is also for their 'fast' manufacturing time. There's a good saving if you select 'extended manufacturing time' at checkout.

31 minutes ago, Babble said:

Is the Blitzer Beetle not the same shell as a re-re, give or take? Looks like they might fit fine. I could even do them in red!

;)but the chassi is complete different

Blitzer
DSCN0811.jpg
Sand Scorcher
P1080886.jpg

Good point. I certainly could not guarantee a fit to the blitzer suspension. Looks like the front shocks would need an extra cutout. The arches already have a removable tab for RC Channel linkage suspension, so may not be far off - but it's hard to tell without one in hand.

I am so happy you made these arches. I was just about to make some for me and am thrilled I don't have to. They are in my cart now! Well done! Let me know when you have the dash for sale as well. 

FYI, front left and front right both show 1 of 4. 

3 hours ago, Pintopower said:

I am so happy you made these arches. I was just about to make some for me and am thrilled I don't have to. They are in my cart now! Well done! Let me know when you have the dash for sale as well. 

FYI, front left and front right both show 1 of 4. 

I'm pleased you like them! I've fixed the numbering - thanks for that.

If you have any questions on fitting, please just shoot me a message.

hi babble

do you have any more pics of your brushless fitting kit, like fitted, and are they waterproof.?

Mr fog

hi babble

Looked on your shapways page found it lol

Good work mate

mr fog

I just got myself a set of your arches. They look fantastic.

I am now struggling with what colour to paint them (and the underside of the mud-flaps. I see that most people tend to paint them the same colour as the main body, but I have never seen real cars with painted inner arches.

Are there any finished bodies out there for inspiration.

Noel

• Like 1

I just got my arches in. Looking forward to installing them! 

• Like 1

I found exoxy resin worked best for fitting the arches. I avoid cheapo resin though. You'd think epoxy is epoxy, but it isn't. I used some small clamps (clothes pegs would prob do it) to hold them in place, and that has worked great.

I need to press on with the dash. It's very nearly ready. I need to paint the dials. I think you will like it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3