Ian_Gsi16V

Glue for abs body parts?

I think after 6/7 years it is time I finished my Monster Beetle body and added the driver and other details :lol:

What is the recommended product for securing the driver and the number plates etc to the ABS body? I vaguely remember the manual mentioning Tamiya cement? Is this still available? 

EMA Plastweld ... it's the best for ABS and most other plastics including plasticard, perspex etc ... top stuff .. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kaylon said:

EMA Plastweld ... it's the best for ABS and most other plastics including plasticard, perspex etc ... top stuff .. 

Seconded - bond will be as strong as the surrounding material, if not stronger. About £7 a bottle on the bay of plenty (and lasted me 2 years with various custom styrene builds as well as the odd repair)

• Like 2

For the driver you could just use some Tamiya servo tape, its strong enough to hold the driver in place.

• Like 1

That Plastiweld is impressive stuff, I just got some courtesy of Percymon linking some on ebay and it has done a fantastic job on the parts I've used it on so far, I don't know how I've managed without it.

5 hours ago, Nitomor said:

That Plastiweld is impressive stuff, I just got some courtesy of Percymon linking some on ebay and it has done a fantastic job on the parts I've used it on so far, I don't know how I've managed without it.

I've had a quick look and can't find it,Do you have a link?

Their actual website also has loads of cool stuff, here;

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/

I was tempted to pick one of these up for neat application as the bottle doesn't come with  brush or anything. Also you can get 12 bottles for £21.60 if you need that much glue!!

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/solvent-applicator-447.html

• Like 1

You can find EMA cheaper in some local shops... There is a toy/model/puzzle shop in Leamington Spa that sells it for £2.75 :) 

Also if you are going to be using it a lot you NEED a dispenser, this is a one way pump valve that when you press on the top it allows some of the liquid up into the well. EMA evaporates very quickly so if you plan on a lot of modeling such as I do from time to time this wee pot is a MUST.

Solvent Dispenser