Just thought I'd show off my newly built Neo Scorcher.

Bought from eBay, in Metallic Pink. It's got several hop ups and several more on the way. It's mainly for bashing, but the wife has ok'd it for shelf use. So the body, wheels and shocks will be coming off to stay looking pretty.

The electrics are stating fairly standard, might swap out to a brushless motor, but I'll be keeping with NiHM batteries or possibly some LiFe ones.

Hop ups are:-

Jazrider - Alloy steering, alloy prop, alloy prop cups and bearing set.

Tamiya - Alloy motor mount (to be fitted), FRP rear shock tower, FRP front tower (on order) heat sink (also on order)

Runner body will be another Neo Scorcher, with FTX wheels.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Very neat, and also kinda familiar-looking.

I am sure a chap called TMaxxDave built one just like it across on another forum... :D

• Like 1

Sweet looking buggy! The Neo Scorcher always looks better in owner photos than it does to me in the promo ones. 

Do you think the FRP towers are a good investment?

• Like 1

I feel the rear one is defo an worthy investment, I found the standard one flexed so much that the suspension spring didn't actually compress, it just flexed and twisted the mount. I've bought the front one, just to match the rear one.

Mr XVP, I thought this thread may attract you. I'd avoid that TMaxxDave, heard bad things about him..... He likes to play with TB-01s

Looks super shiny. It's a bit girly, I think my daughter would love it! 

...is that a good enough excuse for me to get one do you think? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Looks super shiny. It's a bit girly, I think my daughter would love it! 

...is that a good enough excuse for me to get one do you think? 

My daughter is the reason I got the pink one! 

Ive got a 2nd body coming to keep this one mint, the 2nd one will also be going pink for my daughter (she is 6)

Neat Scorcher, very flash!

Someone mentioned cherry red. I went Tamiya cherry red on my scorcher. No stickers just the black windows. It's not really red more like a dark candy pinkish colour. I'll have to dig a pic out, I can't work out how to upload pics using my iPad at the min.

Id be interested to hear how you find the frp towers. I've used Yeah racing alu towers, hubs and arms. The front tower has a flaw, the screws droop down after time from shock rebound force. They've machined out so many adjustment holes in the tower it's created a weak spot between the holes and the screw bends the metal. I looked at carbon ones but too expensive so thinking of ditching the yeah towers and going with the FRP. The stock tamiya ones were horrid.

• Like 1

So far I'm really impressed with the FRP towers, well the rear one, still waiting for the front one to arrive. Like most people I found the stock Tamiya ones absolutely awful. I did consider an alloy one but decided I might as well stick with Tamiya as it just looks better IMO, and I really don't need that much adjustment on my towers. I've not had chance to give it a proper bash yet as I was waiting for my runner body and wheels to arrive now they are here I need to get a 2nd set of shocks so I don't ruin the white set.

20160512_145722_zpsm0jdw4nv.jpg

20160512_154437_zpslumfrxrx.jpg

Theme for the runner body is My Little Pony, aka, let the children stick stickers on it.

• Like 3

My daughters pink TT-02B is the most fun to trash about of all my runners.  Are you going to chop that front body mount post?

• Like 1

Well that's definitely the end of the problematic alloy front tower. I've gone brushless and was taking it out for a blast when an MB7 bolt and bearing fell out of the metal hub carrier, causing a swerve straight into a kerb. Front tower now looks like a boomerang! I could straighten it out but with the other issues with it I'm calling it a day and swapping it. Worse still i couldn't find the lost bolt or bearing. Probably in the flower bed. That'll teach me to not use loktite. Worse thing is loosing small bits that you can only replace in sets.

Aye, alloy will do that. That is why I stick with plastic. True, it flexes, but almost always survives impact.

On 5/5/2016 at 8:46 PM, jupitertwo said:

Sweet looking buggy! The Neo Scorcher always looks better in owner photos than it does to me in the promo ones. 

Do you think the FRP towers are a good investment?

Deffo on the rear shock tower.  As said, there is so much flex in the plastic one that the rear shocks don't even compress.  Not sure why tamiya do this sort of thing with some of their cars.  That said, the neo scorcher is awesome.  I have the df02 metal diffs in mine and a brushless.  So good to drive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

Deffo on the rear shock tower.  As said, there is so much flex in the plastic one that the rear shocks don't even compress.  Not sure why tamiya do this sort of thing with some of their cars.  That said, the neo scorcher is awesome.  I have the df02 metal diffs in mine and a brushless.  So good to drive.

Check out my build thread in the builds section. I think you'll like it. I've got an almost bomb proof setup.