Stray

Parma hemi corvette

Thought I might build a buddy to play with my Hemi Coupe.

Guy I bought this kit off said it was complete, but it is missing the lexan engine bay insert. Bit of a bummer, but it did contain two sets of the huge rear wheels! I'll keep those for the coupe.

parmavettebags.JPG

• Like 1

As you can see it is definitely not anywhere near Tamiya level...

parmavettediffbits.JPG

All the early parma kits used the same 'Good Times' fibreglass chassis setup yeah. The difference is the tub, this corvette has a full length tub as the body has wheel wells incorporated.

Simple and basic. But it is limited slip and works. Fun times.

parmavettediffbits1.JPG

parmavettediffbits2.JPG

So the front end is done too. Simple and clean. These cars don't do offroad too well lol.

Here is the parts, the front done, and the basic chassis complete. The steering doesn't go on til it's time for the servo.

parmavettebits1.JPG

parmavettebits2.JPG

parmavettebits3.JPG

parmavettebits4.JPG

• Like 1

That's come out really well, and must be the first one I've seen that has the tyres intact! lol

• Like 1

lol yeah. Hens teeth they are. Should have thought this out better as the money these are costing I could have bought two RTR brand new kits!

These are actually NOS wheels that were produced for the later 5 window Hemi Coupe 2. I got them from a bloke on ebay. The original kit wheels were the same Dragways as the original Hemi Coupe. But this box only had two sets of the Dragway rears, not that I'm complaining as I will keep them as spares for the coupe!

So. I finished the electrics. I went with good old brushed. I have no idea what the new fangled brushless stuff is lol.

parmavette.JPG

As I'm not a fan of Parma's method of using velcro strips to attach the body I made a frame for the front body mounts and located the rears on the extension off the rear.

parmavette1.JPG

parmavette2.JPG

parmavette3.JPG

• Like 1

And here she sits. Done for now.

Since there was no engine bay in the box I am thinking of just rebuilding the hemi motor from my coupe and mounting that to the chassis, with a cut out in the bonnet area just enough for the blower to poke through. I'll toy with that later though. ALSO I noticed I/ didn't paint the top of the grille surround silver! Stupid mistake. But next time I am painting I will hit that with the chrome silver and use some alclad krystal klear to give it gloss.

This has been fun!

parmavette4.JPG

parmavette5.JPG

parmavette6.JPG

parmavette7.JPG

parmavette8.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stray said:

I have no idea what the new fangled brushless stuff is lol.

They are little tins of awesomeness!  😀 

• Like 2