TwistedxSlayer

Metallic pink neo scorcher tt-02b

Hobbywing ESC arrived a couple of days ago. Soldered bullet connectors and the Deans connectors on this dinner time. Didnt get chance to calibrate or set it up.

Totally dig the unicorn livery. Should be the new box art design.

• Like 1

So I took delievery of some DF02 universal driveshafts and Metal bag A from.... the model i cant remember. But it does mean i have have a complete metal front diff to go with the GPM rear diff. But i completely forget that i also need TT01/DF02 output drive cups from the diff to be able to use the driveshafts. Gotta wait till payday.

• Like 1

Grrrrrrrrrr. Got the parts bag A ready to fit into my Neo only to find out the metal crown wheel doesnt fit on to the plastic TT02 diff housing. So thats that idea ot of the window for today. Or so i thought..... hmmmmm idea. Does the TB01 diff have the same crown wheel as the TT02? So i strip my TB01 to get the front diff out of it knowing fully well that it is fully metal geared. Strip that diff to find its the same crown wheel as from Bag A. No use. Hmmmmm better idea. Will the TB01 diff fit straight into the TT02B?  Lets try it and see..... YES. YES it does. Straight in. Next issue.... the outputs from the TB01 diff are different to the TT02 ones but hang on... thats not an issue as i happen to have a set of DF02 universal joints that fit the smaller drive cup from the diff. Lets see if they fit...... bang on.

So i now have a TB01 front diff'd TT02B with DF02 universal driveshafts up front with a complete GPM steel diff in the rear.  Id say its a fairly bomb proof driveline now.

• Like 1

Hi TS, I had read here that metal front diff can be overkill and people go for plastic front diff, metal rear diff (using gravelhound diff casings). What are your plans for going metal front? Do you have any photos of your new "bomb proof driveline"?

(I started to build my TT02-B MS today -  realised 20 minutes in that the gravelhound differential casings I bought to go with the metal gears were not in fact a gravelhound differential casing at all..... what an idiot...! Now on order, but will have to wait until next weekend to do the build....) 

The TB diffs are fully metal like the DF02, the only difference if that they use splined drive cups rather than the 2 slotted side ones that the TT02 And DF02 use. I don’t have any pictures yet until I find somewhere to host them. 

So TB-01 diffs are fully compatible with the TT-02B chassis (with the appropriate outdrives of course). Good to know since DF-02 diff parts bags are becoming harder to find. Presumably this means that they are similarly compatible with the TT-01? Might be worth using a set if I ever get around to the rally project I have been contemplating...

Yes they are :-).

Selling my df02 parts bag if your interested? Lol. I would guess they would fit the TT01 also.

The only downside is.... im now down a diff in my TB01 but if i get the TT01/DF02 outdrives for the universal drive shafts then ill fit the standard TT02 diff into the TB as its only running brushed.

My rally ideas are still some way off from becoming a reality, but thanks for the offer!

Not the best design ever, but a work in progress.

I can now run 8.4v hump packs. The metal is aluminium with a stock battery holder cut up and some M5 nuts, bolts and washers. It’s pretty solid and doesn’t interfere with the body.

image.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

So I may have accidentally bought a set of DF02 Tamiya Alloy rear uprights purely because they were a good price on eBay. Lol

badword Ive bought RC cars off eBay for the same reason LOL

• Like 1

Right. The Neo Scorcher has currently gone back to being a roller for a while, all the electrics were borrowed for my Levant Build. And when it gets rebuilt it will be going back to 7.2v sticks so I can reuse the lovely FRP battery strap and not my attempt alloy plastic 8.4v hump strap. 

It’s also going to make it back on to the shelf with it’s Metallic Body and wheels for a while.

The Neo got a little bit of love this weekend... in the form of some 49142 (i think) lightwieght alloy wheel hexes. They are very nice and stay on the vehicle rather than coming off with the wheels like most hexes seem to do.

Thinking of going with a 23t LRP motor in this as i dont wanna go brushless with it again and i really just wanna use it. Not race it or jump it. Jist throw a battery in and take it to a place and razz it round for 20 mins or so.

• Like 2

23t LRP motor is confirmed.

20t Mtroniks ESC is ordered.

Cheap and cheerful servo will do the job until I get a Alturn ordered.

Undecided on pinion size. Thinking of the 17t and will watch the temps. If they are ok i may go upto a 19t. If they arent too good ill drop to 16t.

Gone for a Mtroniks ESC as i ran an RV11 for about 12 years with no issues before it failed.

Went to get this running tonight. Totally couldnt remember which ESC i had bought for it, or where the ESC was. So i half installed the steering servo and put it all back on the shelf for another day.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:52 PM, TwistedxSlayer said:

Went to get this running tonight. Totally couldnt remember which ESC i had bought for it, or where the ESC was. So i half installed the steering servo and put it all back on the shelf for another day.

Any update on your build? 

This one has totally inspired my daughters who now want a ladybug and cat noir themed and a pink Neo scorcher to mess about with in the garden.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Munkeyfeet said:

Any update on your build? 

This one has totally inspired my daughters who now want a ladybug and cat noir themed and a pink Neo scorcher to mess about with in the garden.

Can’t believe it’s been nearly a year since I updated anything on here.

I am very happy that this has inspired some new fans.

I can happily report that she is running and running well, still can’t remember which ESC is it it, but when I get home I will update and upload some pictures of how it currently is.

• Like 1

I have the £30 GoolRC ESC and brushless combo in my neo - with a 3s LiPo it flies - I’m talking 35mph :)

They come with a deans connector so I have a XT60 and tamiya adaptor so I can run both nimh and LiPo 

best upgrade I’ve done 

JJ

• Like 1