Sign in to follow this  
Frog Jumper

My addiction...

I just got another set of HPI #2100 front rims in the mail...  These came with the front axle adapters, which are getting harder to find...  These will get tossed in the spare wheel bin along with several other white pairs, and several black pairs...  One more set of #2100s and I'll have (3) complete white sets and (3) complete black sets...

And last week I got (7) NOS Pro-Line 2.2 tires in the mail...  Road tires mostly, but it did have the Striker II's I've been looking for forever...  

Can you ever have too many wheels and tires???

Terry

• Like 1

I do love HPI's Super Star rims.  Did you know, the large-scale Super Star touring wheel #3031 is a perfect 2.2 buggy wheel?  And it's very, very easy to cut off the inner bead using a stanley blade (and the car's axle and motor as a makeshift lathe), which makes it the perfect width for front 4wd buggy tyres?

I do have a fetish for wheels and tyres, I often jump on wheel and tyre trades even if I have no use for them, and I find it very hard to let them go even if they're getting in my way.  That said, really good wheels are hard to find, especially for scale touring car projects.  So many wheels look great in photos on websites but just look lame close-up.  And I have dozens of sets of wheels that came with NIB kits and are of no interest to me whatsoever...

I love the Pro-Line Road Rage tyres for 2.2s.  Super-sticky and lovely tread pattern, I run these on my Blitzer if I'm running it on tarmac.  In fact, I try to have a dedicated second set of tarmac tyres for all my off-road buggies and trucks so I don't destroy the off-road tyres on hard surfaces.  I'm working on a display idea where the spare tyres are displayed next to the car as if it's in some kind of workshop :)

• Like 2

OK, so I had to clean up my RC Storage Area (my spot next to the dresser) and I decided to take an inventory of my round things...  I have way too many round things...

Not counting the 12 wheels/foams/tires mounted on my 3 cars, I have:

8 spare front wheels - NIB
5 spare rear wheels - NIB
5 spare front wheels - mounted with various tires (off-road, street, beach)
5 spare rear wheels - mounted with various tires (off-road, street, beach)

14 pairs of NIB foam inserts

4 pairs of NIB street tires
2 pairs of NIB off-road tires

2 pairs of typical Tamiya Frog/GH front wheels and tires
1 pair of typical Frog rear wheels and pin tires
2 pairs of typical Grasshopper rear wheels and paddle tires
1 pair of typical Buggy Champ rear wheels with Brat tires
1 pair of typical Brat front wheels with Brat tires

I have too many round things...

Terry

Here is the Jumper with my Most Awesome Score...

Full set of white Amark (Imex) 2.2 California Wheels with vintage Proline foam and vintage Proline Street Hawg IIs...

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/006011348-.html#1

Terry

ETA.  Looking at this picture reminds me I need to replace those shocks with some Tamiya 50520s...

I hear you on the wheel addiction. they are relatively cheap parts that your car can always use, so perfect parts to feed the "i need more RC stuff" itch.

Plus, when i was running my TT-02 on ridiculous amounts of power, I was going through wheels like toilet tissue anyway, always breaking a spoke or something, so having extra sets around always came in handy (can't have mismatched wheels!)

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, Driveforfun said:

(can't have mismatched wheels!)

unless it's a drift car ;)

• Like 1

On 25/02/2017 at 7:40 AM, Mad Ax said:

unless it's a drift car ;)

don't forget the cable tied front and rear bumpers....

12 hours ago, Darat76 said:

don't forget the cable tied front and rear bumpers....

Those 1:10 scale cable ties are really hard to make...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Those 1:10 scale cable ties are really hard to make...

and this is why I'm not yet ready to make a drift car....

4 hours ago, Darat76 said:

and this is why I'm not yet ready to make a drift car....

And if you think it's tricky trying to make a 1:10 scale version of a Size 100 cable tie, wait til you try making a 1:10 scale version of the Size 10 cable tie, which is so much harder 'cos it's 10 times smaller...