JimmySteve

Tamiya FHSS receiver compatibility?

Hi all. Anyone know if it's possible to bind a Tamiya FHSS receiver like the TRU-08 with a recent Futaba FHSS transmitter?

I've got a Futaba 4PRKA T3PRKA and wondered if this might work as it seemed some older Tamiya receivers were rebadged Futaba stuff.

Cheers, Jim

To report back, I just tested this and it seems it's a no.

Can't bind the TRU-08 to a 4PRKA, maybe as the transmitter doesn't have the bind button on it that the Tamiya transmitter does.

Cheers all!

On 03/06/2016 at 9:12 PM, JimmySteve said:

To report back, I just tested this and it seems it's a no.

Can't bind the TRU-08 to a 4PRKA, maybe as the transmitter doesn't have the bind button on it that the Tamiya transmitter does.

Cheers all!

I realise this is old but a] thanks for reporting back and b] The 4PK (never heard of a "4PRKA", got a link?) Tx's are auto-bind, you just need to turn the Tx on and press the button on the Rx whist making sure there are no other FHSS devices in proximity.

http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/radio-equipment/futaba-4pks-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

I've tested this with a Futaba 4YWD transmitter as well.

It will not bind.

It binds with the Tamiya FineSpec2.4 transmitter in less than a second.

Note that the 4YWD is a 4 channel transmitter and the TRU-08 is 2 channels. I'm not sure that it should bind.

The 4YWD transmitter is also sold by Tamiya as a rebadge in the high lift complete kit and it is perfectly cross-compatible with the Futaba version.

Oh hey, sorry I made a misleading typo in the original post. It's a Futaba T3PRKA, not 4.

Thanks for confirming I wasn't just missing something obvious here trying to bind with the Futaba.

Luckily I picked up the receiver with a matching Tamiya transmitter for just a couple of quid extra which binds and works just fine.

Thanks again!

Futaba invented this stuff. I've been caught before and now live by, "if its not on their list then its unlikely to be possible". but hey, futaba design great radios!!!