ducatikid

Help needed with tamtech hotshot

I'm currently building a new from parts Tamtech Hotshot GB-03. I'm struggling to finish it off due to the lack of parts, all i need are parts MA2 to MA7. All have specific part numbers but an internet search is not bringing up much. I would love to finish it so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Lee

• Like 1

PM sent.

That sounds like an impressive feat! I have not done so much as sniffed a Tamtech Hotshot (what, who doesn't get that new-tire smell?!), so I hope you find the parts you are looking for!

If you check the spare parts listing for the Tamtech Hotshot on the TamiyaUSA website the M parts ref is 40168 and shows as still being available.

A quick ebay search for 'Tamiya 40168' pulled up 3 listings - cheapest is £4.85 with free postage from seller europro975 - he's a great seller to deal with and also a TC member. 

Hope that helps.

My apologies, it's not the M parts tree, i need the MA parts which are the metal parts, i.e screws, gear shafts etc. Because there is no manual i am building the car from the exploded diagram, which makes it interesting. Lol!

Hotshot GB03.pdf

OK, my misunderstanding.

I'd drop Tony ( europro975 ) a message and see if he can help anyway.

Each of those parts has a Tamiya parts ref - you can pop that into the TamiyaUSA website search and it should show you more info for each part such as availability, price and which kits that part is used in.

Cheers Beefy! It's going together well, just need these parts to finish.

All the best

Lee ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ducatikid said:

Cheers Beefy! It's going together well, just need these parts to finish.

All the best

Lee ;)

Hey Lee thinking about it after I traded all the GB-03 NIP parts to you I later traded a similar set of GB-01 parts to @markbt73 but if I recall, I meant then to clear out anything I had left sitting around, including some bags of loose misc hardware, etc.  It's entirely possible some of the bits you need and can't find might be sitting in a baggie somewhere on Mark's work bench in Portland.

Does anyone know if people get a notification when you tag them in a post?  If not then I'll send him a PM to loop him in to see if he thinks there may be some chance of the above.  That is if you're keen to check with him Lee as this is your rodeo, as they say in the wild west of New Jersey. :lol:

I went thru that stuff pretty carefully, and unless they are the same parts as the 2WD ones, I don't think I have them. I have quite a few leftovers, but plastic parts, not metal. I'll look again as I go thru stuff (planning a big serious liquidation soon), but I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

I went thru that stuff pretty carefully, and unless they are the same parts as the 2WD ones, I don't think I have them. I have quite a few leftovers, but plastic parts, not metal. I'll look again as I go thru stuff (planning a big serious liquidation soon), but I doubt it.

Yeah it was just a thought.  I just remember having a bag full of lots of loose TT-Gear parts not really knowing for sure whether GB01 or GB03 etc.

R/C stuff aside... I like dogs.  Are you taking reasonable offers for the dog?  Any mechanical issues?

Ducatikid,

PM me and I'll find out if those parts are still available from Tamiya Japan for you.

Antony

Thanks very much for your help everyone. I've narrowed it down to three parts now I think, MA2 (front bevel shaft part no. 3450072, MA3 (slipper shaft part no. 3450073) & MA15 (3x15.4mm part no. 2595184). All the best, Lee.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I am looking for oil filled shocks for this mini hotshot. Any leads ?