mheald

Monster beetle gearbox mod - parts now in production!

Hey Guys, 

The Monster Beetle gearbox mod I was working on is now in production! Final parts should be ready by Friday so I should be good to start shipping out as of next week. 

Final price will be £13 + postage (£1.50 UK £3.50 International) per set. Here's a pic of what the final thing looks like:

MB-01.JPG

So this mod will include the two inner ABS plates, the two outer ABS plates, 12 stainless steel washers, 3 stainless steel nyloc nuts and 3 stainless steel screws. 

I've initially ordered 35 sets of these (which is 140 parts in total!) which is costing a bit but hopefully these will get snapped up. It did take me about 3yrs to sell all the Egress BF8/9's lol, but I stupidly had about 200 made ha haa. Not doing that again.

The Blackfoot re-re 'should' work with this too as its got a new rear bumper. But I'm not going to swear by that until I've got one in my hands to test it out. To note, this mod is for the MONSTER BEETLE only as its designed around the rear bumper as you can see in the pic. I will be getting some Mudblaster and vintage Blackfoot ones made if there is enough interest. It just requires one part to be modded.

Ok, that's it folks!

-----------------------------------------

1st Production - SOLD OUT

-----------------------------------------

2nd Production - IN STOCK (as of 19th July 2016)

• Like 9

I'll take 2 sets please

**edit, better make that 2 mb sets and 1 vintage bf set please

Will there be USA shipping ? . need a set for Blackfoot . and will they work with CRP #3041 rear bumper ? if no blackfoot parts available yet i will take a set of the MB and just get a MB bumer . Thanks .....Perry

I have a MB project in the post on it's way to me as I type so I would take a set please

9 hours ago, perry71 said:

Will there be USA shipping ? . need a set for Blackfoot . and will they work with CRP #3041 rear bumper ? if no blackfoot parts available yet i will take a set of the MB and just get a MB bumer . Thanks .....Perry

^^^This...

I have CRP parts on my Frog tranny...  While I'm sure this fit around it, I'm have the same questions:  USA shipping and fit with CRP parts???

Terry

Shipping to Aus? I'm keen on 2 sets (still haven't built my egress using your BF8/9 parts lol)

Hey Guys,

Ok answers to questions.

International shipping, I'm definitely open to it, I just need to get a quote. The final package will be quite light so I'm 'assuming' that it will be cheap. My guess is that UK postage will be around £1 and that international postage will be around £3. But this is all based on my assumptions, I'll need to get a final package weighed and priced at the local post office. The Royal Mail have become very expensive this past few years so I'm hoping I don't get a shock. I know I sent a recorded letter to the US not long ago that cost me £20! But I'm guessing if its not recorded then it should be cheap. Lets hope.

CRP parts. In short, I don't know. If someone could be kind enough to send me a picture of their transmission with the CRP parts fitted I should be able to guess if it will fit or not. I designed this mod to give clearance for the drive shafts to have their rubber tubes fitted with zip ties to hold them in place. So fingers crossed the CRP parts aren't any bulkier.  Basically there is breathing room in this design.

Once I have the parts in hand I'll take the final orders/payments etc.

Thanks chaps!

Mike.

• Like 3

Another Question, will this work on original Monster Beetle?

14 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Another Question, will this work on original Monster Beetle?

There are two versions of the mod, one for trucks with the bumper and one without. Presuming that the re-re bumper is the same as the vintage then yes, it will work perfectly :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mheald said:

There are two versions of the mod, one for trucks with the bumper and one without. Presuming that the re-re bumper is the same as the vintage then yes, it will work perfectly :) 

Cool, put me down for 3 thanks

I'd love 1 set for the Blackfoot if you can ship to the US.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

I'd love 1 set for the Blackfoot if you can ship to the US.

I'm going to get a quote for the international shipping next week but I'm guessing it will be totally fine. I was shipping to the US and Australia when I did the Egress parts a few years back. I'm hoping it'll be cheap as the packages will be super lightweight.

Sweet! Thanks for making this. I was hacking up a second set of gearbox plates to make some reinforcements, but this actually looks clean, mine would be hideous :)

1 hour ago, Biz73 said:

Sweet! Thanks for making this. I was hacking up a second set of gearbox plates to make some reinforcements, but this actually looks clean, mine would be hideous :)

No problem dude, it simply started out for myself just like with the Egress parts back in the day ;) Glad to be of service!

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

If any left, sign me up for 1 for re re

Yeah no problem, I've got you down for one :) Thanks!

put me down for 1 set for stock re-re

I should add, shipping will be to Christchurch, New Zealand

Edited by Darat76
forgot destination country

Everyone has so far has been added to the pre-order list in the initial post and there's now only 4 left of this first run. If they all get snapped up and there are other's interested I'll order another batch of 30 to be made once I have more orders.

Just now, mheald said:

Everyone has so far has been added to the pre-order list in the initial post and there's now only 4 left of this first run. If they all get snapped up and there are other's interested I'll order another batch of 30 to be made once I have more orders.

Excellent thanks for sorting and getting these done.  Will these more than likely cure any gearbox/drive shaft issues?

Or am I still best off getting the other drive shafts mentioned in other thread?