Pintopower

My Take on the Grasshopper 2

45 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Remember that you will also not see the potentially-excellent outcome until after you have shot the final gloss white coat! I am still looking forward to seeing how it will turn out, and am hoping it is to your liking in the end.

I hope so also. Thank you for the encouragement. 

1 hour ago, Grastens said:

Remember that you will also not see the potentially-excellent outcome until after you have shot the final gloss white coat! I am still looking forward to seeing how it will turn out, and am hoping it is to your liking in the end.

I agree completely with Grastens. 

Many a time i have painted away, layer after layer for it to turn out shocking! Nothing like my preliminary sketches or what i had in my head. But other times i have been unsure and turned out some of my favourites. You never know until the masking tape is all removed.

Keep plugging away chap. Its nothing some wet N dry cant fix if you hate it at the end!

Today I laid down the Final coat of paint.

28733781481_58a6ab714e_c.jpg

Minutes later this happened:

28195435903_4af8825f20_c.jpg

28526234330_786356d522_c.jpg

28526239570_10f6d3cdf5_c.jpg

28733776601_4737c349ec_c.jpg

I must say that I'm very happy you guys mentioned putting the white gap between the red and the greens. I think that decision really helped the overall scheme. I really like it but I'm not in love. Trying to keep it more in line with the original grasshopper II limited some of the creativity but it really never had a wild paint scheme so I think this fits in. Next steps are of course painting roll bar lags, color sanding, applying decals, and then clear coating everything. Even though this is a super G grasshopper, I will be installing super hornet Black shock bodies as well as the stock wheel and tire combination for this car. I feel that the yellow and the neon yellow adds for too many colors to this cars paint scheme. 

• Like 7

Whoaa!!!

Alitalia paint scheme, like the Lancia Stratos!

I believed that the body was full green and red.

Max

• Like 2

I really like that. It's awesome. Such a massive improvement over the stock colours and makes me now like the GH2!! Top job IMHO.

Body looks amazing. I highly recommend you do something with the wheels and shocks too now.  Possibly white and/or black. The yellows are throwing it off IMHO.

On 8/7/2016 at 8:48 PM, kontemax said:

Whoaa!!!

Alitalia paint scheme, like the Lancia Stratos!

I believed that the body was full green and red.

Max

Great, now you spoiled my ORV Lancia build. Lol

20 hours ago, richb77 said:

I really like that. It's awesome. Such a massive improvement over the stock colours and makes me now like the GH2!! Top job IMHO.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Roasty said:

Yeah that Lola nice, with white wheels it would be better :)

Yes it will. Mongoose is sending me some. 

10 hours ago, 94eg! said:

Body looks amazing. I highly recommend you do something with the wheels and shocks too now.  Possibly white and/or black. The yellows are throwing it off IMHO.

Yup, on it! :D

7 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Sorry... :P

Max

7 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Sorry... :P

Max

That looks stunning! I really like the way this turned out - and what is this I hear about a Lancia build? ;)

Now I am really excited to see the car finished, given how good the shell looks. Do you think a set of dark-green wheels will work?

It doesn't surprise me you Italians like that color combination! :)

http://media.worldbulletin.net/news/20280.jpg

Nice Buggy!

By the way, your box will be on its way to you tomorrow ;)

Have a good one! :)

• Like 1

Pinto,

Love the color scheme! Now...send those wheels and tires my way! ;) 

I got my decals in! If you want to know where message me. I emailed them and they customized the colors for me. I am not going to be using the stripes but just wanted to see another color. I had lots of custom ones made and will be doing my own for my Hornet 2 and Hornet 3. I am going to test them out (the stripes anyway) on an old GH2 shell to see how they feel and work. Excited!

28699953114_350161840f_z.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, it got censored, but I can bet I know where you got those. I just got my Hilux decals in today from the same vendor in Canada.

6 minutes ago, JoFan said:

Hmm, it got censored, but I can bet I know where you got those. I just got my Hilux decals in today from the same vendor in Canada.

Uhg yeah. Well they aren't hard to find. I have tried several companies and have been ignoring this one for a long time. We shall see if they are any good soon enough. Really wish T would license these out like Kyosho did. 

Those guys do a nice job, not perfect but pretty good ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NWarty said:

Those guys do a nice job, not perfect but pretty good ;) 

Agreed. Thing is they are FAST! Ordered a ton of custom ones on Monday 2 weeks ago, had them on Wednesday! 

I ordered some graphics from them. They arrived in but the registration between layers was off. Fair play though. They send out (express) a replacement set that where spot on. 

As someone that likes to restore original release Tamiya period graphics are key and they do a good job IMHO.

11 hours ago, richb77 said:

I ordered some graphics from them. They arrived in but the registration between layers was off. Fair play though. They send out (express) a replacement set that where spot on. 

As someone that likes to restore original release Tamiya period graphics are key and they do a good job IMHO.

Yeah you are correct. There is a UK guy that does everything but Tamiya. I bought his World Engines Rockbuster decals and they were just perfection. 

I am finally close to completion of my GH2. I am really loving this so far. I still need to do paint details like the roof posts and cut lines, restore the awesome wheels that Mongoose sent me, swap shocks for Super Hornet ones and clear coat everything. There are some odds and ends but I could not resist sharing.

28742548373_3fe575bcc6_c.jpg

29255953772_01ccd5130c_c.jpg

29255954102_2cdac9a76e_c.jpg

29076509730_f3b032fc4f_c.jpg

29255958172_2180469f44_c.jpg

They finally look related:

29076516990_567cda3c53_c.jpg

• Like 6

Came out great so far. 

Maybe I'll steal some ideas for my GH 2 restaration.

39 minutes ago, TamiyaBB said:

Came out great so far. 

Maybe I'll steal some ideas for my GH 2 restaration.

Thank you very much! Steal away!