GooneyBird

GooneyBird's collection of cars

As I promised, here is a small overview of my cars so far.

My first ever RC car I bought when I was 12. It was an M02 Alpine A110, and it was well used and abused throughout the years. I raced it in the Eurocup, where it soon found itself hopelessly outclassed against the (then-new) M03s. I parked it in the attic and forgot all about it. 

However, four years ago, my then-office decided to have a team-building exercise; build and race TT01s against the other departments. Because I was the only one with any clue how to assemble them, I was named chief mechanic and driver. After the big event I took the thing home, and promptly bought a second one.

... I guess you can kinda see how this goes from here...

Four years later, and I have fully restored the M02, making it a light-duty runner with the only modern addition of a 2.4Ghz receiver and an ESC. The rest is pure '90s goodness, including an original body set. The TT01 received a Lancia Delta Integrale body set, and a rally interior soon after.

IMG_1207.JPG

The TT01 is still with me, I race it in the Dutch Tamiya Cup wearing a Toyota GT86 body set (the beautiful Lancia is just too fragile for the track)..

IMG_0400.JPGIMG_0287.JPG

For the local indoor carpet track I have two cars. I started out running the TT, but soon upgraded to a TRF419, currently in Stock 17.5t trim to comply with local regulations. It's an absolute beast, precise as a scalpel and quick like a fox. The other car I bought to compete with my wife. She runs a Tamiya F1 mutt (F104 with an X1 rear pod and setup, and a TRF102 frontend on foam, and I found the 419 to be outgunned. So I went and got a TRF102. :D

IMG_0440.JPGIMG_0183.JPGIMG_0462.JPG

The TRF F1 is still fairly new to me, and I'm still working on setting it up. I run it on rubber instead of foam, which puts me at a huge handling disadvantage compared to her foam-shod car. The 102 has the upper hand in power though, she runs a silver can, and I run a 21.5t brushless in blinky. 

We also have two DT03 buggies, just to mess around with on the beach, and I'm currently painting up a CC01 Mitsubishi Pajero MTW. 

IMG_1894.JPGIMG_0502.JPG

• Like 6

Hi Gooney Bird, nice pictures. Some of your cars are familiar to me as I have seen these cars race in Uithoorn. You may remember my TTG Frog together with your DT03 Frogs.

Welcome and you will find some other familiar names here :-)

Wahey! Fellow Dutchman in the house!

I think I might have a few pics of your TTG Frog along with our DT03s somewhere.