Truck Norris

84431 - 1/10 R/C Porsche 934 Jägermeister TA02-SW Limited Edition 40 Years

The Tamtech Porsches are really cool and you should get them in addition to this one. 

3 hours ago, Shodog said:

The Tamtech Porsches are really cool and you should get them in addition to this one. 

I had this one and reluctantly sold it along with the Camaro. It trally was a great little car. while building the chassis, I kept having memories of building my Fox from when I was a kid. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. I have a 1/12 Datsun Fairlady static kit still in the box that would look great along with the tamtechs.

DSC01141.jpg

Harry

Blimey, you lay low for a while and this happens :o Have to get it from a UK seller I guess but it'll look nice next to my Ninco Jagermeister.:)  

On 22 June 2016 at 8:31 PM, futureworks said:

Finally received a reply from Stella today (below); I emailed them just 3 days after the release was announced, so looks like this is going to be a popular kit.

We've been inundated with pre-order requests since the first week of May and have already filled up our initial pre-order list.

As such we suggest you also check with other sellers for kit from first batch release. 

We will keep you informed if we can add further names to our pre-order list.

I actually received a reply from them nearly two weeks ago confirming that I had made it onto the first batch order list. :)

Glad I've paid for my UK deliveries as the GBP price appears fixed - the pound has lost 30% against the yen (not quite as much against the dollar) in the last few weeks so those imports with added delivery costs aren't quite as cheap. I'd place my UK order now if you haven't already, especially as you may get a discount from some of the UK suppliers too.

This will probably be hitting the stores in HK over the next couple of weeks. I still can't get excited by it though, even though I am highly likely to be getting one.  Even if they had just given it some unique orange gearbox housings, that would at least have been something to get the pulse racing a little faster.

Delivery is expected in late September for those of us in the States :( I've got one on order mainly because I've never had or even seen in person a TA02 with any FRP components. This seemed like a good way to scratch the itch.

7 hours ago, volvotech said:

Delivery is expected in late September for those of us in the States :( I've got one on order mainly because I've never had or even seen in person a TA02 with any FRP components. This seemed like a good way to scratch the itch.

Expected in Australia around that time too, suits me as I have other priorities kit wise first

I ordered mine last week from tower hobbies. Like volvotech said, we have to wait until September. :(

The TBevo6 (blue original kit) is the 40th anniversary special kit. 1000 only made. This one is not the rare 40th anniversary kit.

Ordered mine from fusion hobbies, says 02/09/16, not that i need it or anything but always loved this colour scheme to.

Seemed pretty good value to considering hop-ups included to me. 

On 23 July 2016 at 10:53 PM, qatmix said:

The TBevo6 (blue original kit) is the 40th anniversary special kit. 1000 only made. This one is not the rare 40th anniversary kit.

Link?

Thanks for heads up on manual, looks good, more parts included than i realised to.  lights look cool with led unit included to they are not cheap!!

I have one in my Tower shopping cart and ive requested notification when in stock. Just cant pull the trigger...... maybe tomorrow!

Ok its tomorrow order placed. 

• Like 2

I have 2 beautiful sheets of carbon fiber board just waiting for the frp chassis to get here then I'll be builting 2 more chassis` one for my 911gt2 and perhaps a short 4wd wheeler.  Lol. Not to mention a spare chassis for this one. Cant wait. Been wanting to experiment with these boards since I got them a year or so ago. 

Is there a carbon chassis option or is that long gone?  I thought this kit included quite a few bits, was expecting it to be just body and wheels.  

The upper and lower decks on this are fiber reinforced plastic, I bellieve you can still find carbon fiber decks out there for an arm and a leg, that is why I shall attempt to make my own for other chassis I have. 

Don't fiberlyte (in the UK) manufacture replacement carbon decks? They made my custom F103 plates from a CAD file, so I'm sure they'd be well up to it even if they don't already sell them.

Puts you at over £125, before shipping or exchange rate, I`ll give trying my own a go, since the sheets cost me $30 shipped.id rather by two kits, than spend that. Or buy a niceoriginal set. 

Subscribed. 100% getting at least one of these.

I've been out of the game for a while, opinions on the best Asian international shippers? Are Stella and RCMart still up there, what about RCJaz? Others?

Have a massive box of NIP vintage TA02 Hop-Ups also. Should look good on the shelf next to this...

TaisanHopUp-01.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, two days?

Any final recommendations on Asian shippers?

Edit: Stella have just moved availability back from 31/08 to 15/09.

20 hours ago, Vrooom666 said:

Why its not running on GT-01 chassis ?    

Because it is 1/10. the GT01 chassis took the 1/12 Tamtech bodies.

One thing that has not been answered for me is how the body will sit. It stands to reason that the body shell they are using is the same as the one in the 30th anniversary kit but that had a wheelbase of 230mm,

The TA02SW has a wheelbase of 237mm so I am wondering if the body will actually fit properly. Not long to find out.