Truck Norris

84431 - 1/10 R/C Porsche 934 Jägermeister TA02-SW Limited Edition 40 Years

I'm keen to find out how it sits too, not that it will affect me getting one - I've already planned to use the chassis for my 993 GT2s.

Tamiya seem to be very careful with the wheelbases on touring cars - shorter chassis for the Corolla, Capri, 49400 934 etc but way off for some pickup trucks (Blackfoot Xtreme, Bush Devil II).

I've checked the manual for this and I can't spot any differences to the GT2 so unless the body has been altered, which seems unlikely, then I think it will be out.

The part number for the body is different to the 49400 but I think this is probably due to additional dimples in the mould to show where the body post holes now go.

I put the 49400 body up against the GT2 from the TA02SW and the wheel arches match up pretty much exactly. Don't think there will be a problem with the wheelbase

On 9/1/2016 at 7:01 AM, bindarrian said:

I put the 49400 body up against the GT2 from the TA02SW and the wheel arches match up pretty much exactly. Don't think there will be a problem with the wheelbase

I thought there was a way to get to 230mm, like by reversing standard TA02 arms.  Someone check me on that, I don't have a standard TA02 rear arm set.

3 hours ago, firefoxussr said:

I thought there was a way to get to 230mm, like by reversing standard TA02 arms.  Someone check me on that, I don't have a standard TA02 rear arm set.

That is how you get the 236mm wheelbase to suit the GT2 body, by flipping the rear arms so they point towards the front of the chassis rather than swept backwards (257mm wheelbase).

6mm doesn't sound like a lot, but I can't see how you could hide that much difference. The TA02 is already configured with some Toe-in, so it already appears shorter than the 236mm it's designed for, as I understand others have studied the manual and found no difference in the mechanical parts from the 911 GT2.

55 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That is how you get the 236mm wheelbase to suit the GT2 body, by flipping the rear arms so they point towards the front of the chassis rather than swept backwards (257mm wheelbase).

6mm doesn't sound like a lot, but I can't see how you could hide that much difference. The TA02 is already configured with some Toe-in, so it already appears shorter than the 236mm it's designed for, as I understand others have studied the manual and found no difference in the mechanical parts from the 911 GT2.

Nahh, the TA02SW uses TA01 arms flipped.  That's the 236mm.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71146-wheelbase-shortening/&do=findComment&comment=508824

this is post is what i read about TA02 with the standard TA02 arms flipped results in 230mm:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12508413-post6.html

What I wonder is if the arm would collide with the motor in its suspension travel.

Someone with a standard TA02 should try flipping the arms for us all to see!   

49400 body on the 84399 GT2 TA-02SW chassis. Riding a bit high as the body's just resting on the posts.

With the backs like this:

ta02sw-934-body-wheelbase-r.jpg

The fronts look like this:

ta02sw-934-body-wheelbase-f.jpg

Thanks for the photos TN. It looks like the 6mm difference is all in the front wheel-arch then. Will the wheels rub?

That's not the actual kit, it's my GT2 chassis with a spare 934 body. Just a demo of how far out the wheelbase is.

The 84431's body mounting holes are in a different place to the 49400 30th 934 so I don't know how they've positioned them. It may be that both the front and rear are a little off. We won't know until someone's built and photo'd one.

TC has a showroom NIB entry already, together with a photograph of the box clearly showing a 236mm wheelbase. 

Curiouser and curiouser! 

They have arrived in Canada! Just picked one up but don't think I will be opening it very soon. This kit was part of a 4 unit pre-order. Three of them were gobbled up when preorders began back in June or so. And when the store recieved shiment, I was fortunate enough to be the one to grab it before someone else could lol! Alas they will be getting more in from what I undestand, so everyone can have their fun :)

I'm curious if there is any special packaging on the inside. I doubt it tho (because i heard some parts rattling about) but would've been nice to be released like the style of the 49400, 30th Anni. 

image.png

• Like 3

How limited is this kit supposed to be?

What is the going price in USD for this kit in HK?

Also, anyone know the part number for light buckets that I can use with this body?

Tamico just yesterday confirm me that the 84431 kit arrive in Germany as scheduled. At the end of next week my porsche will be sent to my home.

I have one on order with Tower Hobbies but came across one on eBay today so I hit the BIN button quickly. 

Got an email today, 9/20 that I should get it on Saturday at the latest

• Like 1

I imagine the first batch of these is going to sell out rather quickly. Tower still says "end of September". Any day now...

Got an email from my bank, my CC has been billed. Checked the order status: Preparing shipment from Reno, NV!

8 minutes ago, volvotech said:

Got an email from my bank, my CC has been billed. Checked the order status: Preparing shipment from Reno, NV!

Lucky! Mine still says waiting.

Testing out some colors. 

099E987A-496C-4C29-AC4B-AAAF9638B133_zps

this is a three stage paint process. On the lexan its translucent red, then gold then gun metal. Opposite for the front of the willy body.  Just seeing if the wing will match

I painted this Porsche Carrera body a couple of months ago when I heard about this release.  It's a clear red backed with gun metal. 

D821D478-3ED9-4B6B-80DB-6F901C8684C2_zps

08E8074A-1213-4C1B-AD61-C98EB5DE76E3_zps

• Like 2

3 hours ago, salvine said:

Got my Tower shipping notice last night

I didn't get the e-mail but apparently the one I ordered from tower is out for delivery today and I should be getting number 2 I ordered from eBay tomorrow.