Truck Norris

84431 - 1/10 R/C Porsche 934 Jägermeister TA02-SW Limited Edition 40 Years

The light buckets are the same as the 49400 ones which have been available for years now. They don't fit the GT2 though! The GT3 ones do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truck Norris said:

The light buckets are the same as the 49400 ones which have been available for years now. They don't fit the GT2 though! The GT3 ones do.

Exactly! I'd like to add that the 49400 light buckets are suitable for the 911 RSR body too, but since the RSR is an F-series 911 and the 934 a G-series 911, the turning light part of the 49400 light buckets are not suitable for the RSR Body. If I remember correctly, I had to cut them off.

Too bad it's only FRP and not the CF chassis. Still the price point is reasonable.

I wonder if they'll release the hop-up parts separately as well. Would be cool for the TA02-owners.

48 minutes ago, GooneyBird said:

I wonder if they'll release the hop-up parts separately as well. Would be cool for the TA02-owners.

Probably after the Top Force evo rere :rolleyes:

I like it gents. Will go nice with my Stuttgart collection.

Cheers, Thompson

Very happy with this release. I can finally get some new FRP chassis J parts :)

Nice as it is (and its a very nice model:)) do we have to have another Porsche 911 weather it's a F-series or G-series or any series how about tamiya stop being so lazy and do a proper once a for all anniversary Porsche with the same classic chassis as the original's and then move on to something like..............not a Porsche 911:rolleyes:!

Celebrating 40 years since the release of the first Tamiya 911 with a Ford Fiesta was hardly going to work ;p

the last 61 normal 58xxx series releases have all been non Porsche

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

Celebrating 40 years since the release of the first Tamiya 911 with a Ford Fiesta was hardly going to work ;p

the last 61 normal 58xxx series releases have all been non Porsche

Well said and you have a fair point:D! At least if it was a ford fiesta it wouldn't be a Porsche 911!,  Joking aside it can't be hard to produce the chassis from that iconic tamiya? they did a brilliant job of the SRB'S so it can be done I think it's just a bit after thought which is a bit of a shame!:(

• Like 1

We need another Striker/Lancia!

... No? I will carry on, then :ph34r:

Honestly, doing something other than a Porsche 934 for such a milestone would feel a bit strange, unless they chose an early off-road model like the Rough Rider or even a 4x4 Hilux (can you imagine?). Without too much knowledge of the early 934, I have to say this is an attractive release.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grastens said:

Honestly, doing something other than a Porsche 934 for such a milestone would feel a bit strange, ......

They could have done a 1/10 935. :wub:  Just a new sticker sheet, probably a "40th anniversary" logo printed on the upper deck and maybe gearboxes and front uprights molded in orange (?) is in my humble opinion a bit unspectacular compared to the 30th anniversary model.

• Like 3

How about a hole new model based on the SRB chassis tweaked modern day? (Just a thought!:))

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

How about a hole new model based on the SRB chassis tweaked modern day? (Just a thought!:))

have played with this thought too. In fact, that's what I hoped when Tamiya first announced the Buggy Champ at no spec or pics were out yet.  Something like Kyosho did for the re-re Scorpion or possibly even a bit further.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

have played with this thought too. In fact, that's what I hoped when Tamiya first announced the Buggy Champ at no spec or pics were out yet.  Something like Kyosho did for the re-re Scorpion or possibly even a bit further.

Its A good looking chassis not the best performer but fast and a bit of twenty first century tweaks and materials and you got yourself a very capable rc buggy or just leave it alone and you got loads of fun like the present srb's:D!

fingers crossed the frp damper mounts will be re-released too

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

I think this is a great release - as near as it gets to  TA02 TRF, given it is the first time the TA02 has been sold complete with a double deck chassis straight out of the box. My pre-order is in! I suspect that this release won't be that 'limited', and that there will be a good supply at low prices of many of the hard to find extras in the kit, such as the 53166 chassis kit, and 53142 motor mount. 

On 05/06/2016 at 0:01 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

I also believe they could bring out another licenced body for the bruiser chassis,  (and maybe wearing some more scale sized wheels) and it would be a hit.

The picture of the chassis is up on tamiyablog. It has black gearbox cases and front uprights. Can't tell if the FRP plates are the glossy finish with dot pattern like the original, or plain matte black finish like in the TT02 and Fighting Buggy

7 hours ago, Bigstinka said:

Where can I pre order this? Have only bought from ebay before for things like this. Thanks 

Modelsport are taking pre orders if you are in the uk

• Like 1

On 10 June 2016 at 10:58 PM, futureworks said:

I suspect the likes of JR-RC will split several of these kits and sell all the parts separately, including the damper stays, as he seems to do with many of the re-releases, irrespective of whether Tamiya issue them as separately retailed parts again. However I doubt that other TA02 hop ups that aren't already in the kit will get re-released, such as the carbon plates (53195), and the alu front hub carriers (53226), though of course Tamiya have a habit of surprising up (well, sometimes).

I just read that this is for export only, rewarding Tamiya's loyal international customers, so maybe no domestic kits in Japan will be available for Jason to split

Well heck! I just don't know what to do at this point. I had just decided that I was finally going to get a couple TamTech chassis & bodies and build up a nice collection of Porches and this beauty comes comes out. I really like the GT2 body as well and could see doing the same thing, only in 1/10 scale. None of them would be run very much, but the TamTech  hidden body mounts still have me leaning that direction. 

Harry