Truck Norris

84431 - 1/10 R/C Porsche 934 Jägermeister TA02-SW Limited Edition 40 Years

On 10/21/2016 at 11:37 PM, one_hit said:

Almost done with mine, just have to paint the wing and mirrors. Couldn't resist doing boxart :) 

That look s fantastic and the wheels look quite well centred, any witchery involved?

On 10/26/2016 at 11:29 AM, djmcnz said:

That look s fantastic and the wheels look quite well centred, any witchery involved?

No witchery or any hacking involved:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, one_hit said:

No witchery or any hacking involved:)

Most unhelpful post of the year?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Most unhelpful post of the year?

Hey I answered his question, didn't I? I built it as written on the manual, without any hacking or cutting. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, one_hit said:

Hey I answered his question, didn't I? I built it as written on the manual, without any hacking or cutting. 

Seams odd. I built mine per the manual and had a wheelbase that was not centered on the wheel arches. I notched the arms and that corrected it.

On 29/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, one_hit said:

It's fascinating that yours miraculously turned out differently to everybody else's. Are you saying you have no idea how this happened?

1 hour ago, djmcnz said:

It's fascinating that yours miraculously turned out differently to everybody else's. Are you saying you have no idea how this happened?

I don't think it did. Look at the back wheel, it's not central in the arch. Front wheel a little too far forward too. Also if the front wheel is slightly turned this would give the illusion of a longer or shorter wheelbase. In short, exactly the same as all the others.

• Like 3

You guys crack me up. Mine is a runner, I honestly don't care if it's a little off. I drive them , not measure them off the shelf with my calipers to make sure the wheels fit the arches perfectly. Not flaming anyone. If you want perfect arches, more power to you. I'll be over here driving and having fun. LOL

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Theibault said:

You guys crack me up. Mine is a runner, I honestly don't care if it's a little off. I drive them , not measure them off the shelf with my calipers to make sure the wheels fit the arches perfectly. Not flaming anyone. If you want perfect arches, more power to you. I'll be over here driving and having fun. LOL

You drive yours? Crikey! I get it. To each his own. It really is odd to me with all the effort Tamiya puts into getting its models to scale (static and RC) that this would not be correct. The TA02SW was originally made to get the proportions correct for a 911. Why not get this one on the money?

• Like 1

That paint combo is gorgeous. So deep and looks like its waxed in zymol!!

I used to build HPI Bodyshells regularly as I had a Sprint rtr, one trick I discovered was the mini sanding flap wheels what are just a tad bigger than touring car wheels. I would sand out the arches to even things up. I even used one of those cutting compasses to cut out the arches, now I use a razor blade.

What is the offset on the stock rear wheels?  is it 9mm?

5 hours ago, Shodog said:

What is the offset on the stock rear wheels?  is it 9mm?

Yes

On 10/30/2016 at 1:20 PM, salvine said:

You drive yours? Crikey! I get it. To each his own. It really is odd to me with all the effort Tamiya puts into getting its models to scale (static and RC) that this would not be correct. The TA02SW was originally made to get the proportions correct for a 911. Why not get this one on the money?

Many things are not on the money.  The wheels are to big, the battery sticks out the bottom, it's not rear-engined, .....

Couldn't resist anymore and couldn't let this 40th-anniversary car go by...

Picked her up today... For someone trying to get out of the hobby, they keep making it harder...

ED23068F-79ED-4DED-A837-4CE22B1E9FCF_zps

• Like 3

2 hours ago, neverfollow said:

My first outing with mine:

Empty parking lots are the best.  I'm lucky enough to have my workplace parking lot repaved, perfect for an after-work run.  Also southwest Florida is the land of a thousand unused parking lots especially out of high season.

Added a little bit of bling to the chassis. 

51CE23A0-904E-45A0-8417-D372319AA17C_zps

8984830F-F35F-4628-9A20-2AC852CFA05E_zps

I plan to use these brake discs and aluminum wheels on a 40th chassis topped with a 911 GT2 body

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Shodog said:

Those discs look sweet! Where are they from?

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

I plan to use these brake discs and aluminum wheels on a 40th chassis topped with a 911 GT2 body

Perfection! Love it, I might have to 'borrow' some of these ideas, much respect.

JD

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

Those look great (I always use them on my cars) but your discs are perhaps on back to front (or rather left to right). I say perhaps because the actual direction depends on the internal vanes (which these don't have), but in most cases the grooves go the opposite way to yours,like this: 

impreza-wrc-2002-wheel-details.jpg

• Like 1