buff69

Rear light lens's

hi all how do you fix your rear light lens's together and to the fenders ? Please I have glued them and they look terrible so want to replace them they are around £20 so want to do it right next time many thanks for all your help Lee

What truck do you have..?

I usually just clip the lenses in, but on a few that have not fitted real tight, I've put a small drop of glue (CA or plastic cement) on two sides, and that seemed to be enough to hold them.. Clear silicone sealant would be another option for fixing the lenses in place, and it is easily removed if need be..

Just be aware that CA/Super Glue can turn the lenses a milky white colour if you use too much..

Hi I have a MB Actros 6x4 I used a glue called glue & glaze but when cleaning the excess of one of the lens fall out so I took all lens out cleaned then used CA but used to much even though I used a toothpick.i was wondering if any one uses that extra thin cement ? Many thanks. Lee

I use this Plastruct Plastic weld for most ABS plastic work that I do.. It comes with a brush applicator.. I usually just clamp the two pieces together, and then brush it around the seam/join, and it seems to wick in..

Plastruct.png

You also have the option of a plastic glue like this from Revell.. It comes with a needle type applicator, so it may be easier to apply on the lights..

RevellGlue.png

You can also buy Super Glue that comes with a brush applicator.. Selleys makes one that I find to be quite good..

Again, you could also use clear silicone sealant to hold them in place..

Thanks Backlash I think I will go with the liquid stuff I have been told about this stuff JP MEK LIQUID POLY PLASTIC GLUE apply with a smal paintbrush to one edge tiny amount and it works by capillary action. When you look for glue there seem to be thousands of them so it's great when you get recommendations so many many thanks Backlash I really aprecate you help what trucks have you built