I know I've been late in posting on a number of topics, so I probably shouldn't be posting in a totally new thread (feel free to throw tomatoes in my direction!).  But anyway, recently I discovered a (new to me) fascinating German WW2 airplane and decided I had to build a static model of it.  I used to love building static models... lots of good memories, in addition to lots of glued-together fingers and such (admit it, you did it too if you used super glue on static models, and I hated the gooey glue).  Now obviously, I hate Nazis and all, etc, etc... but they made some pretty cool airplanes.  Between the Allies and the Germans in terms of the coolness of the aircraft designs from WW2 I have to give it to the Germans - in terms of looks and creativity anyway.  Probably one of the advantages of the less interesting Allied aircraft designs was that they were probably easier/cheaper to produce.  Which was probably a good strategy fighting a war.  But check this thing out...how weird is that design?!  A prop in the front and a prop in the rear.

26930416083_dd59b7643b_o.jpg

Here are the different configurations of it they made...

10511664_1461273800788907a_3624544979622

So I managed to snag two Tamiya static models... one the DO-335 "Anteater" version, and a bonus Messerschitt Me262:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Dornier-Do335A-12-Anteater-Messerschitt-Me262-A-1a-1-48-scale-New-/121982021231

And here is a bonus video of a HUGE R/C version...

Get some Tamiya Model Glue...  Comes is a nice bottle w/ a brush.  Eliminates all the mess...  

Terry

4 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Get some Tamiya Model Glue...  Comes is a nice bottle w/ a brush.  Eliminates all the mess...  

Terry

Where's the fun in that?!  I haven't ripped the skin off my finger tips in like 20 years.  :P