After building my son a TT02b (Neo Scorcher) I really liked the ESC that came with it (TBLE-02s) so i decided as I was currently overhauling my M-03 Mini I would upgrade to one.

This evening I plugged it all in (I'm using an old Acoms BEC receiver AR-227FE & an Acoms servo AS-7). The ESC either flashes red or green. I cant seem to set it up. On the TT02b it was a simple 2 min job.

Is the acoms receiver/servo compatible with this ESC & if so any pointers on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance...

Things to check, first, is the esc in the right mode for the motor, second is the receiver getting power, and third is the rx getting a signal from the transmitter 

If you mean that the ESC flashing LED is alternating between red and green then you have it in brushless mode and the motor sensor wire is not connected.  If you have a brushless motor, check the sensor wire connection or replace the sensor wire.  If you have a brushed motor, change the mode to brushed.

I've now got the ESC in the correct mode (brushed). I've checked & the rx is getting a signal from the transmitter (tried it in another car with a MSC). When plugged into the ESC how do I check it's getting power? I've followed the set up instructions & it just will not set up. I'm at a loss & as I'm a newbie am I doing something wrong? Is this rx compatible with this ESC. 

Put it down and come back to it tomorrow...  It took me about a dozen attempts over 2 days to get it right...  I still don't know how I did it, but it works!

Terry

Right I've tried again this evening...

• I've now got the ESC in the correct mode (brushed).
  • I've checked & the rx is getting a signal from the transmitter (tried it in another car with a MSC). 
  • Following the instructions for high point set up the led flashes red-green-orange-red
  • when I release the set button on the red the LED starts to flash a single green & not Red as per the instructions.
  •  if I then keep following the instructions the LED doesn't go off. 

I've followed the set up instructions & it just will not set up. I'm at a loss & as I'm a newbie am I doing something wrong? 

any help advice greatly received....

Where are you based? There might be a member local to you who can provide some hands-on assistance?

A bit far from Lincoln then, so that is me out. Anyone else nearby who might help?

I had a similar issue with mine and it turned out to be a faulty esc. I rang hobbyco and talked them through the issue and they said to return it for checking and it was replaced under warranty.

• Like 1

If you haven't already head down to Colchester A1 Models and see the 2 Daves.  Fantastic shop and I'm sure they will be able to diagnose the issue.