Sign in to follow this  
4ferraras

Orv custom project

Hey, I'm building a project I've been thinking about for a couple years. Looking for ideas....

Im going the rat rod look due to the original condition of the body. I've already got about 20 hours into the body....

i need colors. I didn't want to go all black. I am thinking a deep red in the sides and black on the top. 

Also any ideas for the antenna mount. It's currently mouthed to a monster beetle skid plate with a super Blackfoot antenna holder.

additionally, I need a vintage MB window to hide all the innards.

Edited by 4ferraras
Because it's not Orc....

It would indeed be interesting to see the project so far. Might help us come up with suggestions?

I will guess it is some sort of Beetle and suggest mild weathering/salting to get a rat-rod look going - although that will do for any 'metal-body' project of that type.

Yes, forgot to mention it's a monster beetle body that was thrashed. I've done a lot of body work so far to modify and repair as needed. Here's is what I have. I'm thinking a light green/blue rusted through.....I need to replace the chassis with the gray frog one to match better...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I used the brat body mounts so I wouldn't have to fabricate something in the side....

Not sure what I'm going to do about a window. Thought about making windows out of sheet plastic. Don't want clear anyway....