I think I may have struck gold... a friend of mine is a modeler caster and we were talking about all the variations of willy drivers. He said he could sculpt and cast an original driver. Any interest in wild Wilma? We could collectively create her and make a production run exclusive for tamiya club members. No idea on how we'd pull it off, but it would be pretty fantastic.

Would be good, know there are a few tc members that have done up a wild Wendy for their daughters/wives/gf's. 

I wouldn't get one personally, but that's due to my lack of interest in those cars, but I can def see many a tc member snapping some up. 

Well as there are already two Wendy types it's not that original, I would go for something different than a pretty girl or a boys head.

Maybe a more realistic bear?

For the prices the original Wendy were sold, nowadays you can get your own head 3D printed.

How about a head based on one of the Tamiya cartoon characters from the manuals? It would be something different, yet still fitting the WW vibe.

Or if the animal theme is preferred, how about a Rabbi-kun driver figure?

• Like 1

Maybe you could design it to fit other vehicles as well, such as the Axial Wraith, and the Farm King.

44 minutes ago, joe1975 said:

Would you want this head to mount to the stock body?

Maybe, but I like the suggestion from Backlash " design it to fit other vehicles as well ". I don't know exactly how to, but some kind of modular system where you can cut away parts of the back to fit into different seats (difficult task to develop I guess)

I guess a head that can be fitted to multiple body types would be most flexible. Maybe a head and a set of arms with paws in place of hands?

@joe1975 any news on the wild willy wendy wilma rabbi usagi front?

i believe the main question is, how much one driver figure or driver head will cost. the wild wendy was sold at a quite prohibitive price (>> $100 if i remeber correctly) that supposedly scared a lot of people; nevertheless the whole two batches were were sold - so some demand for such figures exist and maybe it would be wise to produce another female willy driver. so forget about the usagi version, i just found it suitable because of the facial expression.

so in a first step maybe your buddy can (roughly) estimate the final costs of one figure. knowing the price the interest in the figure might rise and work can seriously begin (wild lara? wild indiana jenny? etc etc)

The wendy figurines were pricey  I know I paid more for the figure than the ww2 kit.  Maybe a female figure that is more anime than the wendy figure. 

A little reminder:

twowendys_zps92684a14.jpeg

Jx

And my own take on the theme:

IMG_2416_zpseb74a7f2.jpg

I'd certainly be interested in seeing what you guys come up with!

Jx

• Like 3

Nice Jennymo. I wish I could've got a second release wild Wendy but I was deep in my divorce and didn't have the spare change. Here is my Wild Wendy 

081011030.jpg

081011025.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shodog said:

The wendy figurines were pricey  I know I paid more for the figure than the ww2 kit.  Maybe a female figure that is more anime than the wendy figure. 

tank girl!?

• Like 1

We kept going through drawings in an attempt to come in at a $45-50 price tag. I will post our first mark up soon.

The ability to have the body work with multiple cars is actually going to help long term with bringing the price down. 

Unpainted would be the most economical. Does that turn anyone away?

Unpainted wouldn't turn me away, since I enjoy painting those things.

I would be interested, depending on the price of course.

On the subject of a figure that would fit multiple vehicles, it's fairly easy to make Wild Willy fit in a Sand Rover (he loses his lower legs and needs some minor trimming of his back). The figure to fit the Bruiser interior isn't a million miles away either, again no lower legs but would need an infill piece at the back.

It may also be worth considering a 'torso-type' figure, like the Honda City Turbo driver, but using the same head as your 'Wild Wilma' figure. This would allow fitment to a much wider range of vehicles and hopefully make things more economically viable.

1 hour ago, IBIFTKH said:

I may spend a small fortune buying all these vehicles, lol... for the watch!

I would be very interested in an unpainted wild...bird. Painting is half the fun of these things.

Is this still going on? I be interested depending on price.

The O/P hasn't logged in since August last year, I'll lock the thread as it's obviously dead
If the original author wants it re-opened, please PM me to have it unlocked