Sign in to follow this  
Trunkmonkey

Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid

Hey peeps, just thought I would share my latest build with you all. Took a while to gather all the pieces together but finally have my optima up together.

IMG_20160622_153315989.jpg

• Like 5

Nice buggy mate, if you are into optimas, check out my group on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/optimaseries

And www.kyosho-optima.com. 

• Like 1

Very nice. Might want to update the thread title from "ultima mid turbo" to "Turbo Optima Mid" though ;)

Is it all original?

On 08/07/2016 at 11:45 PM, Hibernaculum said:

Very nice. Might want to update the thread title from "ultima mid turbo" to "Turbo Optima Mid" though ;)

Is it all original?

Oh yeah! Correction made :-) it is almost all original, took ages to find the sway bars. I do have the original decal sheet and box but it never came with the shell so that is a copy which came with slightly different decals from the original. The wheels are from the Peugeot kyosho made which are the same in shape but have a different finish to the ot66 wheels, though the ot66 ones I have recently acquired. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I remember that. One of them (I don't remember which) has a smooth, glossy finish, while the other had a sort of textured finish. I also remember that the earlier 'Peugeot' wheels just had a fitting for the hex adaptor in a raised boss in the centre of the back of the wheel, while later versions had internal bracing struts between the central hex boss and the wheel carcass, presumably to stop the rim from flexing under load.