Sign in to follow this  
wkl88

TB-01 mounting POINTS not posts *edit*

are the bodyshell mounting posts on a TB-01 the same as a TA-04 and TL-01?

No, the TA04 uses "HPI" style ones (with screw + pin). TL01 uses a square key where its screw goes through, but they come out the side. TA03 is different again.

TB01 shares with TG10. When buying the bodypost sprue spareparts BUY TWO packs - each pack only comes with 1 sprue enough for 1 side. [8D]

sorry, I guess I should have said if the bodyshell mounting POINTS are the same on a TB-01 and TA-04!!! Dohh!![:P]

thanks for the info anyhow Willy

I was just about to post this question in a seperate thread but it seems relevant here... [8D]

Can I mount a Lancia Delta body (Origionally for TA-01, right?) on a TB-01 Chassis (Lancer Evo VI) without needing other bodyposts or drilling up the body differently? If not, what bodyposts would I need to do so? [?] I certainly don't like to have 4 extra useless holes in the body... (Or 4 dips where they should be...) [V] Maybe someone has both cars and is able to try them out? [8D]

The Delta is (RC guidebook): 260mm wheelbase, 186mm overal width.

The Lancer is: 257mm wheelbase, 185mm overal width.

Will the Delta body look out of place? Will the different wheelbase be a problem? [:0] [?] Let me know if you know more and thanx... [:)]

[Edit: typo]

My experience is that TA01 & TA02 are more or less interchangeable - generally the same distances for all four points, but TA01 has a subtly different back end which means low bodies don't fit as well as they do on a TA02. (I have a few of each, and can waste hours happily changing bodies around tofind the best fit!)

I have examples of TB01 & TA04 & TL-01 which appear to have common mounting points, again making the bodies interchangeable, but probably still dependant on the actual shape of the body.

However, the two categories above are not supposed to mix. TA01/2 is same at front end to TB01 & TA04 & TL-01, but the back ends are way different.

Are you still reading[B)] Thanks for staying with me, 'cos now comes the bit I really like: Take the rear end of a TA01/2, and fit the "S" shaped extension pieces from the wrong side. Then fit your original post, and they have moved position forward. Magically, they have moved forward just enough to accept all the other bodies.[^] So you can run a TA02 with say a Ford Focus body, without drilling the body with extra holes.[^][^]

Mark.

Sjoerd,

I have nevenr tried a TA01 body on a TB01 chassis - I'll go have a look sometime, but I think my fix might only work the way I have described.

Mark.

I went and checked. Now I see how I made the TA02 take TL01 bodies. I did the thing switching the body post extensions round AND I left out the right angle pieces (that go from the gearbox to the mounting posts) that are needed for a TA02.

This means that this won't work with a TA01.

It also means that a TA01/2 body will not fit on a TB01 chassis - not without some unsual mounts. I just tried it - no chance. Sorry!

Mark.

quote:
Originally posted by wkl88

sorry, I guess I should have said if the bodyshell mounting POINTS are the same on a TB-01 and TA-04!!! Dohh!![
:P
]

id="quote">id="quote">

If what you mean is "where on body are the holes" then Yes. [8D]

The front holes are always in the same position. (yay!)

There is choice of 2 hole positions in the rear. Depends on the kit's original shell you'll either get the 'straight up' or the 'z-bend' ones. The latter need holes about 2" further back.

Both TB01 and TA04 are same positions. If you buy the SP packs of bodyposts for either car you'll get both types.

If aesthetics aren't your major worry do what I do and drill 2 sets of holes on your rear window. Then you can fit the shell onto any of the cars. [;)]

But can it be done using other bodyposts on the rear of the TB-01? And the wheelbase; it doesn't matter that much? (as it's 3 mm...) [?]

quote:
Originally posted by Sjoerd

But can it be done using other bodyposts on the rear of the TB-01? And the wheelbase; it doesn't matter that much? (as it's 3 mm...) [?]

id="quote">id="quote">

The 3mm are within the rear toe-in variation, depending on what rear uprights you use. Conclusion: not an issue! [:D]