Zman05

Fox drivetrain

Hey guys hope someone can help here. I have begun the process of restoring a vintage Fox and am having an issue with the drivetrain.  Two things actually. First the drive shafts. When they arrived they were stiff and not flexible. I have since corrected this but cannot get the boot down to be able to get grease in there. Secondly after final assembly the entire system seems tight if the suspension is fully extended. Mostly on one side. If I raise the wheel everything seems to loosen up a little but not entirely. This weekend I'll be taking the drivetrain apart to get a better look. Does anybody suggestions. Thanks again 

Not sure I can add much.  I just restored my vintage Fox a couple of months ago.  My old drive trains were in bad shape, and I just bought new ones.  Make sure that the C clips on the inside of the gear box that secure the axels are on correctly.  Once I dissembled and put everything back together it was all fine.  Maybe it just needs a good cleaning.

Sounds like the rubber boots have gone really hard, It may be time to replace them with some more flexible ones or remove them to see if it improves the tight side?