I thought we already had a topic running onย the BadObsession guys mad Mini build but I couldn't find it with the search so I've started this one.

Episode 13 has landed ๐Ÿ˜‰

Or here's the story so far...

ย 

Put the kettle on and enjoy!ย 

• Like 4

Yeah a new episode! :D go Binky, lets make some tee.

• Like 1

Good to know I use the same CAD software (that's cardboard aided design of course) ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

What an amazing project - outstanding fabrication work !

I'm sure I've seen this before a long time ago but just had to watch all the episodes again...

Cool project. Looking forward to the next episode.

I wonder how long it will be before they finish this. Several more years?

(And the percentage of actual Mini left at that time)

Cool. I started watching this when I had a Toyota celica gt4 wrc years back and that's what got me interested in this. I'll check out the latest one.ย B)

Just watched this last night. They're amazing these guys. They make it look so easy. I think this is somethingย a I'd like to do and tamiya is my substitute ๐Ÿ˜„. I want them to finish it but at the same time I don't because when it's done it's done.

• Like 2

The problem with watching project ย binky is I keep over dunking my biscuits (where I don't want to look away from the screen) and ending up with that horribleย crumb sludge in the bottom of my coffee mug! ๐Ÿ˜–

Another quality episode!

• Like 1

Is it anyone else, or just me, when after watching these guys, you start to question the validity of other car build shows??ย 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Is it anyone else, or just me, when after watching these guys, you start to question the validity of other car build shows??ย 

I think the Project Binky guys are really good at explaining the build inย explicit detail, other car build shows such as Fast'n'Loud are reallyย produced for mass market entertainmentย and much of the build process on their projects in very much glossed over.

The PB intro is excellent - spoof of the Police Squad show with Leslie Nielson, only 6 episodes made, well worth checking out - precursor to the Naked Gun movies I think.

I'm following Binkyย with great interest and can't wait for the next episode - they night even finish it by the end of the decade.ย 

9 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Fast'n'Loud are reallyย produced for mass market entertainment

One if the reasons I wasn't too bothered getting rid of cable and going to freeview,the programmes where more about a 'show' rather than motoring/engineering interest (plus I gained ยฃ50 a month for my own projects! ๐Ÿ˜‰)ย 

13 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

The PB intro is excellent - spoof of the Police Squad show with Leslie Nielson, only 6 episodes made, well worth checking outย 

Showing your age! ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

Dont worry, I'm with you ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 1

I use to love Fast & Loud in the early days but now... meh! And apparently Aaron hasย left the garage, so not much to keep me tuning in โ˜น๏ธย 

ย 

Sounds like 2 great shows are on the way to be ruined in the name of progress...

Not sure how F'n'L will work out without Aaron as he really is the main creative ideas guy.

The classic car restoration show with Ant & I think Phillip Glenisterย -ย can't say I was much of a fan of the presentation style or format.

Another show with Tim Shaw & Fuzz Townsend seems to have been devised as a rival to WD but the predictable format & presentation is allย rather weak.

WD was an original idea which others have tried toย clone but fall short.ย 

ย 

ย 

38 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I was going to say the last few episodes of WD seemed to skip over a lot of the workshop repairs, can't imagine this working without Ed either โ˜น๏ธย 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

WD was an original idea which others have tried toย clone but fall short.ย 

I'd say 80% of it success is Edd working on the cars, tips and real life -ย seized bolts andย horrors of what looks like a good buyย but is really scrap!!ย 

But like Edd says in the video, this takes time to film and it's cheaper to gloss over.

Really hope the 'bad obsession' don't start to cut corners! (They'd round them off, then buff them at a 20 degree angle! ๐Ÿ˜€)ย 

• Like 2

What a shame this new production company want to cutย out edds fixes, the best bits of the show. No wonder he left. Hope Edd starts his own series, one that allows him to show all the interesting stuff that he wants to do. I watched this show from the start and it won't be the same without Edd.

I like fast and loud too and think they've lost the biggest part of theirย show as well, Aaron Kaufman. I watched the latest episode and when he was telling Richard, Richard said "it's been 15 years". Aaron replied "the last 5 felt like 20!". I think he'd had enough of churning out all these builds with unrealistic deadlines while Richard got all the cash. Aaron should have been a partner from the start.

In the comments in the link someone mentioned Edd and Aaron should do their own show. Now that would be a partnership!

• Like 4

Episode #16 !

Nice carry over from above discussion! ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

ย 

i sat and watched it the other night - impressive to say the least